General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM
dolson911
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketoberfest Anyone?

I can't swing Sturgis but my wife wants to hit Biketoberfest (Oct 19-22). Anyone thinking about going - or have gone before and can recommend it?

-DO

Old 06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
AF Scootertrash
Advanced
Default RE: Biketoberfest Anyone?

I have never been before but I am hoping to be back home from this deployment in time to go.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Mr. Incognito
Advanced

I have not been to Biketoberfest yet although I went to Bike Week this year and it was pretty fun. I hope to make it up there as I only live like a little over an hour away.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Little Di
Intermediate

Went last year and had a blast. We didn't stay in Daytona as we booked our hotels pretty late, so we ended up in Ormond Beach. We actually lucked out doing that because Daytona is a MADHOUSE for this event. But it's well worth it - many vendors and many bikes. Don't forget to check out the Iron Horse Saloon

Ormond Beach also has vendors that set up along Rt 1 and they have some pretty cool stuff as well. And there's a HUGE HD dealership right off 95.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts

Ihoping to make it out this year.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 07-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anytime we make the trip to 'Redneck Heaven' aka Daytona, we absolutely have to visit the

'Lighthouse Restaurant.'

It's located at Ponce Inlet, just south of Daytona. Take the beach road from Daytona till it ends, then turn right and follow the signs.

The place has the hull of an old Cris Craft boat inside as the bar, no air conditioning, screens on the windows, fishing boats outside, and you'll swear Jimmy Buffet will be there singing "Margaritaville."

Oh, and the food is GREAT, moderately priced, more than likely more than you can eat for the money!

NO, I don't work there, just found the place back in '88, and visit there everytime I go to Daytona!

Old 07-01-2006, 10:46 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Smyrna Beach Club is reasonably inexpensive place to stay that puts you a few miles south of the heavy traffic with a view of the ocean. We stayed there a couple of years.
Not as crowded as bike week which makes it more enjoyable..

Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM
dolson911
Cruiser

We're thinking of staying at the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference center. It's north of Main street about 2 miles. Seems close enough - but not too close.

Fortunately, I went to college at Embry-Riddle in Daytona so I know the area pretty well. Just never had the chance to experience Biketoberfest.

Thanks for the input (so far). It be cool if there were an HDF area where we could all meet.

-DO

Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Crossbones
Road Master

yea, great time and a must do. lots of fun, people, and bikes of all kinds. you'll find staying at the conference center is really close to it all, and easily within walking distance to main street. gotta hit Destination Daytona up in Ormond (right off I95 and US1), let alone Ironhorse Saloon! its about 20 minutes north of main street off US1. there should be a place where all the HDF folks can meet up and share a beer or 2, or 3, etc...

Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Little Di

Ormond Beach also has vendors that set up along Rt 1 and they have some pretty cool stuff as well. And there's a HUGE HD dealership right off 95.
Yeah - That's one of Bruce Rossmeyers stores. He owns quite a few of them throughout the state of Fla. Almost went bike shopping there, but chose to start a relationship with my local dealer instead.

And you're right, the place is a monster.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest Anyone?