General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Corbin Seat on Dyna Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
rap87
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing Corbin Seat on Dyna Wide Glide

This is driving me nuts...I spent 4hrs yesterday trying to put this damn seat on and I don't have it on...its currently in the box about ready to go back. However, I've had corbin before and I love the seats...I want it to work. I've checked the part number and all of that and it is apparently the right seat. The problem I am having is the tab on the front of the seat is alot shorter than stock, and I can't get it to slip in under the fuel tank tab, securing it in the front. I have done everything from extending it, to removing the front rubber grommets to get it to go in. It has scracthed the hell out of the black paint before the tab, but it won't go under it. Any suggestions, before I sent this thing back. Corbin said spray the grommets with WD-40 and push real hard....has not helped. Maybe some of you know the secret way to put this damn thing on lol.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
rap87
Tourer
Default RE: Installing Corbin Seat on Dyna Wide Glide

Just called this morning, guy told me he installed on last month, and that their tabs don't go completely under the fuel mount, and to bend the tab up towards the seat? Anyone had to do this before?

Old 06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Bigfoot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This came from the guys at Corbin? This sounds kind of odd to me. The Mustang seat I put on (and took off and sent back) Fit like stock. I am mounting my Corbin tonight, if I see something different I will post it. There are a lot of people who run them, hopefully someone will post.

Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
DarkWater
Intermediate

I have a Corbin solo seat for my Sporty that is supposed to arrive this morning. I had hoped to easily install it and then ride off into the sunset.

Now I'm a bit concerned that my plan was naive.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:25 PM
rap87
Tourer

Thanks...and yes that was from the guy at Corbin....I love my Harley, but the metric at leat yamaha got one thing right...pop off seat with the key. It sucks having to protect the fender, so much because of the metal holder at the back, and of course having to deal with getting this tab right. At any rate, I'm going to go home and try to bend it upwards and see what happens.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:09 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What year's your bike and what's the part number on the seat? I have a Classic Solo on my '03 Wide Glide and it fits fine. Something changed in '04 and again in '06 (and I don't know what year you have), but putting the seat on my '03 is pretty much a no-brainer.

Old 06-30-2006, 04:51 PM
DarkWater
Intermediate

As I hoped, the Corbin solo seat arrived and it's now on the bike. I had a little trouble getting the locking mechanism to fit on the mounting pin. However, once I had it lined up, I gave a swift swat on the back of the seat, and she popped into place.

Good luck with yours.

After all, your azz depends on it!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Bigfoot
Tourer

My Corbin arrived - it took 15 min to install including taking off the bags. Something is amiss with yours

Old 06-30-2006, 11:02 PM
jv225
Road Master

I put a Corbin on my WG at first it was giving me a little trouble. I just got it to where the tab was lined up and just starting to go in and gave it 2-3 hits on the back of the seat and it went right in.