General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why wear chaps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:37 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man wear whatever ya want to wear,personally i dont liek the cold or wet, so when the weather gets liek that i will put on whatever i can to make sure i cans till ride. it just so happens chaps work wonders for that, if anyoen thinks i look gay to bad im warm and dry'ish, and my ol lady thinks i look hot in them. and yes canadian girls have thier benifits especialy on those cold days they have such wonderful ways of keeping you warm and if your lucky they wont ask your last name or where you live after

Old 10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
jurob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Back to one simple part of my question ....... You said, "if i saw you in your chaps i would think you "look" gay/homosexual, etc". So, please tell me, what exactly do you see when you see a 6' 1", 350# bearded, tattooed man wearing chaps that makes you think he would have sex with another man? If that image pops into your head and you're not gay, you might want to seek out help.
6'1 350 with chaps would be a gay looking fat dude with a beard and tattoos lol.

i'm not sure why you are so bothered that i think chaps look gay. because i think you look gay in your chaps doesn't mean i think your taking a dick in your *** every night! you must have really low self esteem that somebodies opinion bothers you that much. wear your chaps and be happy i'll pass.

take care big fella

Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If you wear black leather chaps to a Disney Theme Park between Nov. 1 - Dec. 30....I think you get in to the Park for free and participate in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at that Disney Theme park. I want to say it is part of the ride in and ride free plan. Disney is trying to "bring in" older, more realistic characters to it's theme parks this off season. Seriously, check the website.

Last edited by "Dutch"; 10-14-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:34 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,684 Likes on 1,519 Posts
Arrow This thread sure has 'legs'

I voiced my preference earlier in this thread. To each their own.
I have 2 favorite calenders in my garage.

1) Marisa Miller on her Harley V-Rod Muscle-excellent
2) "Women in Chaps"-these ladies warm me up too

Old 10-15-2009, 03:00 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TravelingBiker
Actually, Canada is really nice! And the girls there are awesome... And really friendly... And they seem to love Americans... (especially latino Americans).
Yes the girls are awesome I must agree... and they do make for comfortable backrests. Fact is I've only had a Canadian right bitch on the bike, in the immoral words of George Thoroughgood:

"Oh she was so nice..."

Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Wear whatever you like, just don't get all pissed off if not everyone likes it.
Jeans and thermal underwear work fine for me. I'll leave the chaps for other people to wear. Personally I think they look kinda gay but like I said don't worry about it and just wear what you like (unless they clash with your purse then wear something else)

Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM
CherryHog
Road Master
Location: west of the west side of Indy, many miles from nowhere
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear mine over my jeans when riding under 50 degrees. They keep me warm down into the 40's. Besides - they were a bargain at a leather / boot shop in town at 39 bucks! And the girls at work think I look good in them.....lol

Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Chaps for the wife and I are the only way to go.There just ain't nothing that looks better than a fine looking women in jeans and chaps.Period!!!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dog155
Chaps for the wife and I are the only way to go.There just ain't nothing that looks better than a fine looking women in jeans and chaps.Period!!!!!
Well, change the facts and I will change my answer. Nobody ever said that these chaps they speak of were for a lady. Totally different story, buy two pairs.....

Old 10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear my chaps around the house with no underpants. My wife wears hers to bed sometimes. We are the Chapmans!!

Quick Reply: why wear chaps?