General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Americal Leather Goods

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 01:38 PM
nm156
|
Banned
Default Americal Leather Goods

I am aware of Vanson, Schott, Brooks, Hudson (made in Pakistan), Arts Cow Parts, and Walter Dyer leather.

Can anyone post some links of other American Leather Goods place's?

I'm in the market for another coat and some chaps.

I don't want to spend a ton of money but I want something good. It sucks cu I already blew $70. Shlottes on some piece of **** chaps from Leatherup.com. I guess I'll never learn!

Thanx in advance!

Jeff

Old 10-13-2009 | 01:45 PM
oct1949
Club Member

heres one that claim they are the no 1 seller..

http://www.bikersden.com/

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:25 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/

Not cheap, but definately not crap either.

Old 10-13-2009 | 02:35 PM
CruzN
Road Master

Leatherup.com
http://www.leatherup.com/

The say they are the most popular leather site, I have seen several positive post on their products. I just ordered a pair of new chaps from them.
Men's Advanced Dual Comfort Chaps

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:00 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

If you got some POS chaps from Leatherup, send them back. They have a free return policy.

Are you looking for US leather only? Really top quality leather products are not cheap.

Personally, I think Vanson has the best leather for motorcycle clothing. They use the same competition leather for jackets, pants, etc. as they use in their racing suits. However, be aware that they now also make a cheaper line made overseas referred to as world class, or something like that. Get their US made competition leather garments.

Langlitz is also US made and very high quality but expensive. Other US made are LegendaryUSA, and many smaller but high quality companies. I can't think of the names right now but Foxcreek and Schott are already mentioned. I have Vanson, Langlitz, Schott and Brooks. If I go down and slide down the pavement, they are all good, but I hope I will be wearing my Vanson.

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:27 PM
nm156
|
Banned

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
If you got some POS chaps from Leatherup, send them back. They have a free return policy.

Are you looking for US leather only? Really top quality leather products are not cheap.

Personally, I think Vanson has the best leather for motorcycle clothing. They use the same competition leather for jackets, pants, etc. as they use in their racing suits. However, be aware that they now also make a cheaper line made overseas referred to as world class, or something like that. Get their US made competition leather garments.

Langlitz is also US made and very high quality but expensive. Other US made are LegendaryUSA, and many smaller but high quality companies. I can't think of the names right now but Foxcreek and Schott are already mentioned. I have Vanson, Langlitz, Schott and Brooks. If I go down and slide down the pavement, they are all good, but I hope I will be wearing my Vanson.
I hear ya! I have a Schott and a Vanson jacket. The Vanson takes the Scott hands down. I'd love to get the Vanson chaps but DAM! They're pricey!

The crap from leatherup.com I wore already on a cold day thinking I was gonna keep em but they suck! Langlitz is outta the question. WAY too pricey. Plus I don't like the style anyhow.

If you can think of those other places, that'd be cool.

Thnax!

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:28 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Default Leather up ?

Originally Posted by nm156
It sucks cu I already blew $70. Shlottes on some piece of **** chaps from Leatherup.com.
Which ones did you get ?
I just ordered some from them, Xelement Dual Comfort chaps.

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:47 PM
nm156
|
Banned

Those are the ones.

I read ALL of the testimonials and every single one was great. I gotta tell ya that I just can't believe how thin these things are. I could see them being fine in the summer but for the really cold ones, forget it! Plus, if you're gonna wear em, why not get some protection out of them. The Xelements are like tissue paper. I have to keep mine so maybe use em for the summer and wear shorts under them.

Maybe I gotta bad pair.

Good luck with your's!

Let me know what you think.

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:48 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by nm156
The crap from leatherup.com I wore already on a cold day thinking I was gonna keep em but they suck! Langlitz is outta the question. WAY too pricey. Plus I don't like the style anyhow.
You think you can expand on that a little? What about them do you not like?

I picked up the Cool Rider jacket last week and was very impressed by the quality for the price. I would have expected to pay $300 instead of the $117 I paid for them considering the quality.

Maybe the chaps are made for them by someone else.

I've heard good things about the Street and Steel chaps sold by Cycle Gear. They even have a little video to show the quality.

Old 10-13-2009 | 04:01 PM
Cajun King
Road Master

I got these chaps from Leather Up and I really like them. They have 2 deep pockets and a snap out quilted lining for those very cold days. The leather is thick not thin and is lined even without the extra lining.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Leather-C...aps/41291.html

Quick Reply: Americal Leather Goods