General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge news...rinehart pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I ended up picking Rinhart's for my ultra.. and I like them alot!! but if they do become hard to get or go out of buisness.. and I had to make a change... I think I'd swap out my race tuner to a V&H fuel pack and go with V&H.. had a similar set up on my Road King.. worked just fine and sounded great.

mavrick

Old 10-13-2009, 10:18 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

May similar to what Crane cams did this spring, when I finally decided to go with the
1-6000's they went out of business and couldn't get them.
Now yesterday I saw where S&S is now making and marketing them....
So it may not be the end.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Gerald Rinehart is still directing customers to BUB for warranty work. I just received my new (black) endcap to replace my old (purple!) one. BUB was right on top of it all the way, great customer service.

Shakey

Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
That's what you get at the dealer. That is why we come here. For the real answers. I guess the parts manager is too busy managing...
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh................low blow there

Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Here is the link

http://rinehartracing.com/blog/custo...n-arrangement/

Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh................low blow there
Simply stating that as the info that was supplied at the delaer was absolutely incorrect. We come here for this kind of info. Don't know about our local dealers, we always come here first. they would probably look at us all confused if even asked that question.

Not meant as any sort of low blow.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
Simply stating that as the info that was supplied at the delaer was absolutely incorrect. We come here for this kind of info. Don't know about our local dealers, we always come here first. they would probably look at us all confused if even asked that question.

Not meant as any sort of low blow.
It's alright annu, I forgive ya

Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, okay, okay..........THIS IS THE STORY. I know a guy who was the plant manager at Bubs in Janesville Wisconsin, he's married to the daughter of the man that owns Drag Specialties. There was a rift in the family, and the two companies are parting ways. BUT, as you've seen on their web-site, Custon Chrome is going to take care of the bulk of their distributing World-wide. And it jus so happens that Drag Specialties owns Custom Chrome as well. Bet 'cha didn't know that hey??? They haven't positively secured a manufacturer for them yet but are in negotiations with someone in the Janesville area to take care of that for them. The bottom line is Rinehart's ARE NOT going out of business, it's just been postponed until they secure a builder for the pipes. And ultimately they're still going to be distributed by Drag Specialties, just not directly. And by the way, Bub's Janesville plant is closing, it's for sale now. They're hurting in this economy as well, and are going to move all of their operations to California where they already have a plant. And that's the true poop!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Okay, okay, okay..........THIS IS THE STORY. I know a guy who was the plant manager at Bubs in Janesville Wisconsin, he's married to the daughter of the man that owns Drag Specialties. There was a rift in the family, and the two companies are parting ways. BUT, as you've seen on their web-site, Custon Chrome is going to take care of the bulk of their distributing World-wide. And it jus so happens that Drag Specialties owns Custom Chrome as well. Bet 'cha didn't know that hey??? They haven't positively secured a manufacturer for them yet but are in negotiations with someone in the Janesville area to take care of that for them. The bottom line is Rinehart's ARE NOT going out of business, it's just been postponed until they secure a builder for the pipes. And ultimately they're still going to be distributed by Drag Specialties, just not directly. And by the way, Bub's Janesville plant is closing, it's for sale now. They're hurting in this economy as well, and are going to move all of their operations to California where they already have a plant. And that's the true poop!!!
oh yeh? Well yesterday, I shipped a package for this guy who was the friend of a cousin who's brother's mother's nephew is the best friend of a sister of a guy that knows a guy that works at rinehart

Old 10-13-2009, 01:43 PM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
oh yeh? Well yesterday, I shipped a package for this guy who was the friend of a cousin who's brother's mother's nephew is the best friend of a sister of a guy that knows a guy that works at rinehart
Soooooo....what did the guy say? Sounds like the inside scoop!

Quick Reply: Huge news...rinehart pipes