General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Huge news...rinehart pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:47 AM
benman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a blog from their website dated yesterday.
doesn't sound to me like they are going out of buisness.

On behalf of Rinehart Racing, I want to personally thank you for your years of support and promotion of Rinehart exhaust products. We greatly value your business. Moreover, we consider you a member of the Rinehart family. As you may know, the exclusive manufacturing and distribution arrangement between Rinehart and Drag Specialties’ parent company, LeMans Corporation, has recently expired. Rinehart is excited about the opportunities created by this change, including the flexibility to design and offer innovative new products that are manufactured in the United States and the ability to offer our dealers and consumers with Rinehart’s hands-on customer service.

With this new chapter in the life of our company, we are now offering direct sales through our company, as well as through a new distribution arrangement with Custom Chrome. If you choose to order directly from our company, you can easily order online or by telephone. Rinehart Racing now offers a full-scale staffed sales and customer relations department making your purchase seamless and easy, which allows the Rinehart products to be more readily available to you. More importantly, any question or product-related issues can be addressed directly by a member of the Rinehart team. Because we are a family business concentrated on our motorcycle exhaust products, we have more time, more energy, and more incentive to make sure that you are satisfied with our products.

Many of you have asked about True Dual Systems for 2009-2010 FL models. Unfortunately, LeMans chose not to manufacture and distribute the 2009 Rinehart designs. However, the good news is that Rinehart is in the manufacturing process for the 2009 -2010 True Dual System for FL models. But it gets better – recent Dyno testing of our new 2009 and 2010 prototypes revealed that our new design performance not only blows the competition out of the water, we even exceeded the performance of our own 2007-2008 systems by over 3 added ft. lbs. of torque and 4 more horsepower.

Want some more good news? While Rinehart products have previously been offered with a 90 day warranty against defects in material and workmanship, new Rinehart products purchased through Rinehart will have an 18 month warranty. We are comfortable with this because we are confident in our product and we believe in standing behind anything that bears our name.

Rest assured, Rinehart Racing is alive and well; in fact, we’re better than ever. Rinehart Racing is an independently owned family business and will continue to be. We are and will continue to offer the Rinehart product line and more importantly, we now have greater flexibility to add new innovative products to our line as we listen to you and respond to the industry needs.

Our website is geared towards you, our customer, in an effort to inform you about the product line along with product installation information, e-commerce, troubleshooting, blogs, customer galleries and information about our company.

It’s been a fast road over the past 2 decades and our company has reached new heights of success because of our response to industry needs, our exploration and application of new technologies, and our unwavering commitment to quality and craftsmanship. But most importantly, our success is due to you. My commitment to you is to make exhaust in such a fashion that people are proud to put my name on their bike. Again, thank you for your support and your loyalty to our company. If you wear the name Rinehart on your bike, you’re an integral part of the Rinehart family.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Maimas
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant find anything either, BUT, i was looking at the BUB website and I cant find any reinhart at all...

Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior

looks like they are not going thru drag specialties but kustom krome. probably have to order the pipes direct thru them/

Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Direct from bub...and dealer specialties. It is breaking news. I work at a harley dealership. We tried placing our order and were told the news. Trust me its acurate

Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 AM
CroK
Banned

Sounds like just the colaboration between Bub and Rinehart has desolved, but that doesn't mean Rinehart is out of the biz...

Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

This is right off the Rinehart site, next to the last snippet someone posted.

Custom Chrome® and Rinehart Racing have agreed to a worldwide distribution program with True Dual and Slip-On product being available for shipment as early as Mid- November. Now dealers and consumers can source one of the industries leading race proven quality exhaust systems through Custom Chrome’s Worldwide Dealer Network as well as Rinehart Racing directly. While Custom Chrome will handle the bulk of the global inventory and product line distribution, Rinehart will remain extremely accessible to those dealers and consumers with special/race related applications and needs to ensure the best possible customer service experience throughout the life of the product line.
“We are extremely excited to partner with a premium performance exhaust manufacturer the likes of Gerald Rinehart, said Holger Mohr, CEO of Custom Chrome. We believe we have the team and systems in place to jointly meet the performance standards of dealers and consumers on a worldwide level.”
Dealer orders for the Rinehart Racing product can be placed with Custom Chrome as early as next week to meet expected market demands for the True Dual Systems and Slip-On mufflers with an anticipated inventory delivery by Mid-November, 2009.
“This new chapter in the life of our company will afford us the freedom and flexibility to exclusively develop innovative new products as we listen and respond to changes in industry needs, while continuing to offer our current product line,” said Gerald Rinehart, Founder and President of Rinehart Racing. “Coupled with Custom Chrome’s commitment to globally market and promote our products, we will consistently provide the motorcycle industry with cutting edge technology and innovation. Rinehart Racing will continue to lead more strongly than ever, as one of the world’s premiere sources in performance exhaust.”

Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok...my bad...yesterday we were told no more rinehart, that they couldnt secure another liscensing agreement, it look like my parts manager is a dummy.... I'm sorry DONT

Old 10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
The other 30% are running those ugly Thunderheaders...
That would be me. I love my Thunderheaders. Yes, they are fugly, but my saddlebags cover up most of them. I do love the sound though.

My second choice was Reinhart. They sounded good and they was purdy...but the sound of the TH won out in my comparison.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

That's what you get at the dealer. That is why we come here. For the real answers. I guess the parts manager is too busy managing...

Old 10-13-2009, 09:56 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Update after reading the blog and post from harley goodies and benman i went to my parts manager and confronted him with the information. It is infact true that custom chrome will distribute rinharts, once drag specialties releases rinhart. They still own the distribution rights. Secondly, rinehart has yet to secure a manufacturer for their pipes, so their claim of mid november release is a pipe dream....

Quick Reply: Huge news...rinehart pipes