General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Report on new Harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 05:22 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Default Road Report on new Harley

It's been about a week since I got my new Springer (FXSTSI) so I thought that I would tell what it's like to ride a Springer. A little about myself. I'm 5'11 - 6', I weigh about 245 lbs. I had the Springer updated with a Stage 1 and SE2's slashdowns. The bike came with a badlander seat. I have been riding on rural roads and some that are a little better quality. The ride is firm, not soft or bonegaring. The seat doesn't bother me and it sort of flows with the contours of the bike. I know that there are softer seats out there, but I like the style of this seat and the ride I can get used to. I don't feel much bounce in the front end and I don't hear any spring noise that some thought might be there. I've gone over a few minor bumps and it hasn't bounced all over the place. Some might be curious about the mpg, but I haven't been concerned with that right now. Later, I will let you know about that. There was some concern about the "Harley sound" with the efi, but I can tell you that it has the sound that I like and that's good enough for me. My wife and kids say that they can hear me coming down the street before they see me. That's what I wanted. It's black and chrome and it has turned some heads when I've been riding around. I also wanted that. I've only been able to put about 225 miles on it because of the weather, but they have been good miles. I don't plan any mods right now, because I want to get used to the bike, then after a while, it will tell me what mods will look best on it. I realize that I have nothing to compare this Harley with. My last bike was a Suzuki that I had 25 years ago. Too long ago to compare rides. I'm totally happy and I will post more later. By the way, the kids have been helping me with the pics and I Will get them on here as soon as I can. Have a nice day

Old 05-14-2005, 05:36 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Road Report on new Harley

Springer,

Glad you're enjoying the new bike and starting to bond with it. I guess I'm curious, are you 6 feet tall when you're riding the bike and 5 feet 11 inches tall when you're not, thought you might get the big head when your on the HD, Ha! LOL. Have fun and enjoy the new experience.

John TN

Old 05-14-2005, 06:14 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Actually, I am a little taller when I'm on my Harley, but I am also a little bit wider on my Harley, especially in the face area. Big *** Smile. hehehe

Old 05-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you're pretty happy so far! You won't believe the difference once you hit 1000 miles. She'll really loosen up...

Ryan

Old 05-14-2005, 05:28 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,915 Likes on 816 Posts

Awesome, man. Sounds like my story, hehehe... especially the head-turning part! I've had my Night Train for just over 3 weeks now, and she's over 700 miles, in all sorts of weather.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 05-15-2005, 01:06 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

glad your enjoyin the ride!! be careful

Old 05-15-2005, 01:38 AM
hawk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Springer: There is nothing better than a new ride, you Have to marvel at the torque these Harleys have,As the man said "it will get better as you put the clicks on it"

Old 05-15-2005, 02:27 AM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Springer when did they tell you to come in for the first check up 500 or 1000mi.?

J.B.
Name:  FLa.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  71.2 KB

Old 05-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

A springer is one fine looking ride. Enjoy.

Old 05-15-2005, 12:00 PM
cochn
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are there,the more you ride your Harley,the bigger that smile will get. I purchased my first in 2000,Heritage classic. Everywhere you go people from 15 to 70,will come over and tell you what a pretty or cool bike. I never experienced that with any of my other bikes,and I have had them all. Enjoy your motor and get those pictures up.

Quick Reply: Road Report on new Harley