General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok...lets hear 'em...favorite bug story

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 06:37 PM
ptabakaru
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ok...lets hear 'em...favorite bug story

I hit a swarm of 3" dragon flies at about 65 mph, one evening, I was told they release them in the swamps to eat mosquitoes. they must have released them just a few minutes before I arrived, What a mess, they almost took me off the bike, It was like running into a wall. I looked like an elephant sneezed on me. what a mess, it took me forever to get the bike clean.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:39 PM
ptabakaru
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ok...lets hear 'em...favorite bug story

Hey, What are Buddies for? If they can't bust you ***** once in a while.
ORIGINAL: eddybo69

I cant say whether bugs are worse in the south or not but we got plenty. I was riding back from Houston, TX to Hammond, LA, late at night. Got pelted by a variety of bugs never gave it a second thought. I had been riding for about five hours taking nothing but fuel breaks and decided it was time for food. Pulled into a Waffle House and walked in noticed everyone staring. Just thought it was because I was a stranger and they all seemed to be locals. Ordered some chili. The waitress brings it and puts it in front of me. I start to eat and a big bug falls off my face into my chili. I scoop it out and hide it and decide to go to the restroom. When I get a look in the mirror I see why everyone was stareing. My face looks like I blacked it out with shoe polish because an 18 wheeler blew a tire about 3 feet from my face, and I got at least 20 bugs stuck on my face and in my beard. I wash my face and walk back into the dining area and my buddies that I was riding with are rolling on the floor. I had gone into about 3 service stations looking that way couldnt figure out what they were giggling about, until then.