General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yeehaw!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Yeehaw!!!

That's how we say, "I went and done it and glad I did" in Okie language. I had to go borrow some $$$$ but I finally got me some bags for my RKC.

Last edited by shortride; 10-10-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What's wrong with your leather-covered ones?

Just wanted the look of the hard bags? Really wanted a locking bag?

Old 10-10-2009, 10:35 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

they Look good in the Living Room

Old 10-10-2009, 11:24 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by faber
What's wrong with your leather-covered ones?

Just wanted the look of the hard bags? Really wanted a locking bag?
I don't like the leather bags mainly because of having to unlatch the straps and that I can't lock them. I don't care for the after market locks and I like the way hard bags look and the fact that they are more secure. Grant it, the leather bags look more classic but the leather is more difficult to take care of.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM
The Reverend D
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiosity, why get an RKC and then buy hard bags? Why not just get a Road King with the hard bags in the first place?

I ask because this is the question that's been going around in my head for a long time...

Old 10-10-2009, 12:53 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
I don't like the leather bags mainly because of having to unlatch the straps and that I can't lock them. I don't care for the after market locks and I like the way hard bags look and the fact that they are more secure. Grant it, the leather bags look more classic but the leather is more difficult to take care of.
Makes sense to me.

In general, the RK seems more practical and easier to take care of (hard, lockable bags; alloy wheels; black tires, etc.). But the RKC is just so purty.

If I were going to buy an HD bagger, I'd go for the RKC in a heartbeat.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

happy to see another happy biker...

Be careful on getting on and off, several friends of mine have put the leather topper on the lids to keep from scratching them...

Last edited by oct1949; 10-10-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:37 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by daddymud
Out of curiosity, why get an RKC and then buy hard bags? Why not just get a Road King with the hard bags in the first place?

I ask because this is the question that's been going around in my head for a long time...
I'm sure everyone reasoning is different. Sometime as the result of a unique situation. I'm a disabled veteran that lives alone. I can't ride very far anymore. I have no family or close friends that I could depend on to drive me any distance to find and buy a Street Glide. I live in a small town and the nearest Harley dealer is 45 minutes from me but the main reason I bought this particular Harley was because I could not afford a new bike. I actually took over payment from a relative by marriage that lived 465 miles from me and delivered the Harley to my front door. Otherwise I would probably still be riding my Goldwing. Even though being disabled, I refuse to sit home and watch the grass grow.

Last edited by shortride; 10-11-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
I'm a disabled veteran that lives alone. I can't ride very far anymore. I have no family or close friends that I could depend on to drive me any distance to find and buy a Street Glide. I live in a small town and the nearest Harley dealer is 45 minutes from me but the main reason I bought this particular Harley was because I could not afford a new bike. I actually took over payment from a relative by marriage that lived 465 miles from me and delivered the Harley to my front door. Otherwise I would probably still be riding my Goldwing. Even though being disabled, I refuse to sit home and watch the grass grow.
Good for you! And by the way, I like the hard bags on the Road King better than the leather ones, as well.......for all the reasons you stated. Glad you still get out a ride!!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Congrats on the bags..and dont let the grass grow under yur feet

Quick Reply: Yeehaw!!!