General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard times for all: Love Ride 26 cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:43 PM
2DEUCE2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Pig
The man clearly said:
"After 25 years of expansion, it may be time to return to our roots with a smaller, more intimate event."

so it seems he already realized what you just said.
Wow, is that what that said, because I am capable of typing, but not reading...

I was explaining to those who don't live in So Cal know what it was all about, how it has been going down and how in my opinion they had plenty of time to correct said issues instead of hoping and holding on only to cancel the longest organized "one day" ride event three weeks before it is supposed to take place. Their excuse and puny counter offer is too little too late and I think is a direct result of poor planning on their part.

I will try and be careful next time. I didn't know my typed words stung like hot sweat in your eyes.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I've always wanted to do the Love Ride, but then they moved it from Castaic Lake. If it returns to Castaic in the next couple of years, then I hope to attend.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:23 AM
RobWraith
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People should stop being so "cautious" with money during a recession.. it just adds to the problem. Less spending, due to fear, means less products and services getting sold.. which in turn means less money coming in to businesses and that means they have to lay people off or close down stores/shops. it is a cycle that should have been learned already. you want to help stop or slow a recession.. get out their and spend money. stock piling it just feeds the fire. more spending will create more jobs and lower prices. maybe that's just my opinion though.