General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts
Default 1 "Big" Get Together.

Howdy Ya'll!
I have had a thread in the Members Meeting Members section for weeks now. I am trying to organize an HD Forums Get Together for Biketoberfest 2009. We have narrowed down the spot so far. All I need is for everyone to agree on the day and time of day that is good for everyone. I see some here are already aware of this get together, others here I have not spoken to. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to highjack this thread, I was thinking about why don't we make it one big get together. If dwg1956 is ok with it we can come together and make it one meet. You can PM me to confirm day and times yous will actually be here.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:14 PM
minordl
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

First time going, bit nervous. Any recommendations on what/where to go or ride. Leaving KY Friday. Everyone ride safe & look twice!

Old 10-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by minordl
First time going, bit nervous. Any recommendations on what/where to go or ride. Leaving KY Friday. Everyone ride safe & look twice!
You should have a good time. No need to be nervous. What & where to go/ride depends on what you like.

Main Street will be full of vendors & bars with bikes parading up & down all day. At the west end of the Main Street bridge you'll find Beach St. with more vendors, the BMW dealer & one of Rossmeyer's Harley dealerships. There'll be vendors there also.

U.S. 92 (International Speedway Dr.) will take you past the speedway where there will be more vendors & demo rides from most manufacturers.

South on U.S.-1 will take you to Millers aftermarket Harley dealer & a lot of metric vendors. North on U.S.-1 will take you to the Iron Horse Saloon, Destination Daytona, & the White Eagle. All with more vendors.

Find SR-40 in Ormond Beach & take it to the river. Turn north on either side of the river & follow the other bikes around "The Loop". It's our version of a scenic drive. A1A along the ocean is another version. It's an interesting ride from the lighthouse at the south end of the island north to Jacksonville with plenty of places to stop along the way.

Almost any shop, bar, or vendor will have maps, & you can find guides all over the internet. Come on down & have fun!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:18 PM
HHI Dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minordl
Jinks defintely covered where to go once you get to Daytona. Here's what to do on your way TO Daytona.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
dwg1956
Tourer

I was just seeing who all was going. I think a forum get together would be great. How bout the rest of you here on the Touring forum???

Old 10-10-2009, 09:04 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We should try to get a Meet & Greet planned, it would be cool, maybe we could all do The Loop or something then get a HD Forums picture somewhere.. I know a lot of people like to do different things, some don't like Main Street because of the traffic, but I usually end up there at night, there's just so much going on, I try to make it worth the 15 hour ride down there!!! Let's get it together..

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM
dwg1956
Tourer

Anyone have a suggested meeting place?? Like maybe at the speedway on Friday or anywhere would really work. Dispatch is putting together a meet. Someone pitch in here for some places and time to meet.

Last edited by dwg1956; 10-10-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: 1
Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 AM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant make it. Too far and too busy. Hope you all enjoy and stay safe!!!

1HarleyGuy1

Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Fl Biker
Cruiser

I've just stumbled upon this section and wanted to add my 0.02. Went through all the post and did not see a concrete meeting place for the meet~n~greet. Let me throw out Smiley’s Tap. This bar/great food was the meeting place several years ago. Some of the "locals" can help pinpoint the location of this place. I suggest high-noon.

If there is a concrete place then please ignore this message and recap the day/time for the group photo.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fl Biker
I've just stumbled upon this section and wanted to add my 0.02. Went through all the post and did not see a concrete meeting place for the meet~n~greet. Let me throw out Smiley’s Tap. This bar/great food was the meeting place several years ago. Some of the "locals" can help pinpoint the location of this place. I suggest high-noon.

If there is a concrete place then please ignore this message and recap the day/time for the group photo.
Is it this pub just bit south of Destination Daytona (south of Interstate 95) on the N-East side of Hwy 1?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,37.54,,0,5.14

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest