Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temper temper

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:16 AM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Temper temper

ORIGINAL: thumper 29

I used a box knife to cut the boarder
Didn't your boarder call the police? I think the least you can do for someone who's paying you rent would be to not stab them.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:15 AM
valvestem
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it's "pein". I cheated and Googleized the word.

ORIGINAL: Tman

Its "PEEN" and I have peened the holy crap out of ill tempered parts.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
fmbeach
Tourer

8-10 here. Depending how far South the job at hand goes.

I have a very low frustration threshold with mechanical stuff. Never have learned in my 49 years to back off and take a break once my temper starts to flare.

Was working on my other toy (Boat) last weekend replacing the starting battery in the console. Simple job. Disconnect the old, replace with the new and reconnect.

Unfortunatley for my neighbors the job didn't quite go as smooth as it really should have. My choice of words gets worse and louder as things go South. My bride stopped counting once I reached full speed ...... 30 F@#k's per minute (FPM's). Found that the previous owner had spliced the Negative (Black wire) with a piece of Positive (White wire) to lengthen. Didn't notice this when I disconnected but figured it out in about an hour after reinstalling.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Protrucker
Tourer

WOW!
I don't know if it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one with "issues" when things don't go right, or if I should be uneasy when I walk into someone's garage from now on. LOL

I hope that I have pretty much grown out of this type of rage, but in the past I've been guilty of very similar tantrums. I have left wrench imprints in the front fender of a car because something was giving me fits. One time I was working on a car (of my own) & it just would not cooperate. I got frustrated & punched the windshield, breaking it! The thing that pretty much broke me from punching things was the time that I punched a wall in my house & happened to hit right where the was a stud. Everything in my hand & wrist popped & I paid dearly for a long time.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
JW
Road Captain

LMAO, tears are running done my face from laughing.

I can relate.

knew a guy named Lightnin was over at his house one day to visit his brother. anyway lightnin was working on his mom's car trying to install a starter. all the sudden lightnin started spewing profanities while he was laying under the car. then he started banging on it with a wrench, kicking the car with his legs and screaming for 2 dollars he'd pour gasoline all over it and burn it to the ground. his brother yelled out " I got a five" Lightnin didnt hesitate crawled out from under the car screaming and kicking and headed for the garage. Came back with a can of gas. his brother had to jump on him to stop him from pouring the gas on the engine. Funniest thing I ever saw, and hell no I didnt laugh.

Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10 here to. the neighbors no when im working on it.