Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temper temper

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Temper temper

I've settled down some over the years. I no longer destroy anything. When I used to work on my cars as a Teen and a young man I would beat the hell out of the frame with whatever was handy (got tired of replacing things I was working on when they didnt do what I wanted.) I use a Mech now for that.

When I was starting programming on the computer I tried to set fire to the Commodore 64 because it wasn't doing what I expected it to. (Had a nice burn mark on the case of that puppy for years.)

My Father was a plumber, and do you think I inheirited that from him? NOT! I'm a terrible plumber and one that can curse plumbing parts into submission. They usually look like hell when I'm done but it works. The only exceptions is water heaters (I'm good on that it seems) and the last toilet I replaced. My father was dead by then so I decided he was there and helping me out. Easiests time I every had installing one of those. (didn't curse once!)

My dogs hide when things don't go right. (Ut Oh! Daddy's mad!) My wife decides it's a good time to go shopping. (especially when she hears me say "Hammer Time!")

Old 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I grew up on a farm and apprenticed early to the mechanical pipetrades.

The only irrevocable truth I have learned over the years is that you can not build or repair anything without the use of one recurring 4 letter word that rhymes with truck.

Other than that it just takes patience and money.

Anybody can do the job with the right tools, it takes a pro to get it done with the wrong ones.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Motogo
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whew , I thought it was just me.

My wife knows better to even talk to me when I'm working on something.

When we first got married I was working on an old car I had , and she wanted to help.
I told her no, you don't know how to help.she says I can hand you tools, as I was laying under the car bolting the motor and tranny in. So I said ok hand me the 1/2 inch wrench , I swear she pulled out the biggest wrench she could find in the tool box. I said thats what I thought , go in the house and do whatever it is you do. She ruffled up in a huff and left me alone. That was 27 years ago....
She spoke to me last week , I think she is gettingt over it.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
dmlong
Tourer

I used to have a nasty habit of throwing my toolbox when things didnt go right,I've outgrown that now and just scream and yell.....

Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A mad mechanic is a bad mechanic.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

DUDE...you must be my long lost brother....i have beat, kicked, thrown, cussed, burnt, & even pissed on stuff when it doesnt cooperate

Old 06-27-2006, 09:09 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

DUDE...you must be my long lost brother....i have beat, kicked, thrown, cussed, burnt, & even pissed on stuff when it doesnt cooperate
Not a good idea if it is electrical.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: KenM

Too Funny

I once tried to punish a 2x4 I was nailing to a concrete floor. The nail broke loose for the last time so I came down on it with a vengance like you on the box cutter. I missed and hit my hand on the fleshy part between my thumb and finger. Six stitches later and I'm over the instant anger. Damn that hurt.

Heh,heh that reminds me of a time I was putting in a fence, was setting the string and stakes to line
up where I wanted the fence to go and on the first whack with the sledge hammer I hit my hand right where
you did. After the immediate shock of seeing my hand swell up twice its size, I proceeded to beat the stake
into tooth picks!
I guess I should have chopped the offending arm off that was holding the sledge hammer!

I had to continue to work though because I had rented an auger, and didn't want to waste the rental.
That was a real pain!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:17 PM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

That's funny, I don't think I have ever pissed on anything though.
But I might try that sometime! Hehe

Old 06-28-2006, 12:27 AM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually take it out on the dog.. j/k

Quick Reply: Temper temper