General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HCI Polo Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HCI Polo Helmet

I am looking for a new helmet and kinda' like the Polo style. After reading reviews on this site I am seriously considering an HCI Polo. My concern is that when I try them on the front strap seems to be too far back and I can push the helmet towards the back of my head (not all the way). This makes me think that it may catch the wind and blow backwards while riding. I do know a couple of people that have a different style of HCI and do have this problem. HCI users... Does this happen to you ?

Old 10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
jbrawkus
Advanced

i do not have the same exact polo style helmet you are talking about but do have a polo style helmet. The first thing i noticed was that the strap furthest back seems to be shorter than the one closest to the front which would make you think it would just catch wind and fly up. i have to make sure mine is snug eveyride and between that and the fact i wear a bandana it does not move on me like i would have though it would.

Hope that helps

Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I ordered that same helmet. Man, it made me look like kazoo big time. Sent it back and bought the ACC helmet from head trip.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Went through a lot of helmets before I found the HCI Polo. It is the smallest one that fits right and doesn't catch wind. For the price, ACC is overrated IMO.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Legalcarry
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scg1953
I am looking for a new helmet and kinda' like the Polo style. After reading reviews on this site I am seriously considering an HCI Polo. My concern is that when I try them on the front strap seems to be too far back and I can push the helmet towards the back of my head (not all the way). This makes me think that it may catch the wind and blow backwards while riding. I do know a couple of people that have a different style of HCI and do have this problem. HCI users... Does this happen to you ?
I have an HCI polo style helmet as well. I don't have any issue with it catching wind and blowing backwards. But then again, I haven't used it without the windshield on my Fatboy either. It's probably not as small as the ACC helmet, but it's DOT and I only paid about $50 for it. It's as low profile as the Vega XTS helmet I have, and it appears to be of comparable quality, maybe slightly less.