General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Strand Fall Rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Strand Fall Rally

Just got back from MB Bike Week, stayed near Murrells Inlet. Alot more people here than at the spring rally. All the locals were very friendly and several thanked us for coming down at the hotel and on the street. Rode through MB city limits, say a few bikes, maybe 20 in all from one end to the other. Was like a ghost town. Got to North MB, party back on, very busy. Hope the Mayor gets put out, the locals we talked to there cant wait until the election.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:37 PM
rglay
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you. The Mayor and all his stooges in MB need to go. I live in MB year round, and it's crazy what this group has done to chase bikers away. I was pretty surprised at the turnout. Visited HB Spokes and The Broken Spoke as well as SBB. Decent turnout, but what makes it worth it all is just meeting and talking to folks that have a common interest.
Glad you came down, hope to see you next Spring.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was there in North Myrtle Beach all weekend. I certainly wouldn't say there were "lots" of folks but there was a decent amount of bikes but not even close to what it always has been before MB's crap. News said maybe 10K total vs. the normal 30K-50K for the Fall Rally. Hardly any vendors at any of the main 3 locations. The Swing Bridge and Capt Poos in Little River/NMB were rocking all weekend with a good turnout though. A lot of Hells Angels members and two or three local clubs hanging with them on Saturday afternoon at Poos. I saw HA Chapters from NC, SC, MD, Penn and Ohio for sure. Maybe 50-75 members total. MB use to be a required ride for HA, don't if it still is or not. Of course good old SLED was flying over Poos in a helicopter snapping pics of them.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I was in MB all week and saw a few more than bikes 20 bikes parked in the city.....Anyway, I doubt if the mayor gets voted out. I saw plenty of "Re-elect John Rhodes" signs. I'd guess the residents will vote him back in, because a lot of businesses are either corporation owned or owned by people who don't live in the city limits. Neither get to vote.

The number of vendors and the bike hangouts was lacking. Most of the ones at those places were selling very little and being verbal about it. I'd guess a lot of 'em won't be back next fall.

Attached Thumbnails Grand Strand Fall Rally-myrtle-fall-2009-006.jpg  
Old 10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

a couple pics from Capt Poos on Saturday