General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freak Accident in Florida!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed,

I'm not attacking your opinion on things... It probably has some honest basis, and only you know what that basis is.

I'm saying that, in a world of increasing alienation and disrespect amoung people, I take an "aggressive" approach... I "attack" that alienation and disrespect by GIVING a person the benifit of the doubt... Sometimes You make a good choice... sometimes you don't!

Just my ****-eyed, optimistic approach to life! That's kind of funny, because I've so often been accused of being "Negative"!!! Ha!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon (and yes... I've had more than one negative experience with cops... I'm just not going to let the Bastards Win!!!)

Old 10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ed,

I'm not attacking your opinion on things...
No offense taken. We all have our opinions.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sucks to be him, but i agree this story should put more emphasis o nthe bystander and store clerk for savign them kids. as for the puddle of gas or oil seriously why would you park your bike on or over a puddle of gas or oil, that in of itself is a accident waitign to happen unless the puddle was so big as to fill the whole area at the pump which should bea dead give away to use another pump. with the bike going over well bet everyone one of us has in advertnatly had our bikes go over for somethign stupid like not puttign the stand down fully or forgettign to put the stand down or whatever, it happens, i hope the kids are alirght and i hope the LEO recovers alright and learns a bit fro mthis incident

Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he put his boot down on a wet puddle of gas, you all know the result. NO traction and down you go.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:00 AM
osirisdean
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ouch, that sucks.

regarding puddled gasoline:
this past weekend i filled up my truck and noticed a puddle on the ground by the pump i was using, and my brain instinctively thought "that's odd" but i didnt process it further. i proceeded to fill up, and was thinking "ok, it should click off soon" at around 12gallons when *splash* gas starts gushing out of the tank. friggin automatic cutoff trigger wasnt working. half my fault for using a suspicious pump and not keeping my hand on it, but also half the station's fault for not fixing it, or at least putting a sign up. i walked in and politely (but sternly) chewed out the workers (who apparently were aware of the problem) for not having a bag over the handle or a sign or something.

lesson learned: always be suspicious of puddled gasoline. it's slippery, flammable, and could be indicative of other problems.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
kjan63
Stage I

..I stepped on the corner of this puddle of gas (assuming it was water), slipped, then immediately walked into the store and reported it to the clerk as being gasoline.....This was only a couple of minutes before Richard pulled up to the pump. (NONE of us would ever thought this amount of fluid on the ground would have been gasoline!!! ) After his motorcycle hit the ground it ignited...there was no reaction time for him in this situation...my friend who is an ex-marine helped put the fire out on Richard, moved our boat away from the other pump, eliminating a worse situation...then checked the SUV as the first firefighter arrived on the scene..(all passengers already out)
Jim received only minor hair burns but Richard was seriously burned in this accident that was totally unavoidable on his part....

I hope I never see this happen to anyone..I only lost a few nights sleep after seeing this happen to Richard, and that's no comparison to what he has lost...

In my opinion stations selling gas should be a little more responsive in cleaning up spills, whether from careless customers or faulty pumps....

RICHARD IS STILL IN OUR PRAYERS FOR A FULL RECOVERY!!!

Old 12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Holy cow there is real hatred for all cops with some people. In my experience about 10% of them are ******** about the same for any group and the general population.

I dont wish burning to death, or close to it on anyone. I have met Richard in the past he is a good guy not in the 10% category. Seems there are more and more of these incidents happening at stations here in Fla and I suspect other areas that I dont hear about. Something is wrong, wish a speedy recovery.

The station was at fault here, no doubt about it.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Should have been riding in the 60's and 70's if you wanted to meet some off the wall cops. For the most part I'm just as happy not having them around to ''help''.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:23 PM
dlnp22
Tourer

what the crap-

"Unfortunately we are unable to locate the page you have requested. This could be due to content on our site having expired, a broken link, an outdated bookmark, or a mistyped address. Please use the navigation and search box provided on this page, or click here to visit our home page."

That's what I get for being tardy, I guess....

Old 12-07-2009, 05:20 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
Should have been riding in the 60's and 70's if you wanted to meet some off the wall cops. For the most part I'm just as happy not having them around to ''help''.
WTF, this was a human being, severely burned, due to someone else's negligence. You are a f__king idiot.