General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freak Accident in Florida!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 03:46 PM
PirateRider
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep in mind - gas spilled on top of oil is VERY slick. It is usually oily around pumps and i am sure I am not the only one to slide a boot near the pumps. I can see this happening without booze or drugs involved. Even if it was its not our business - burned is burned.

I am seriously pissed off at the D-bags that commented on the newpaper website. Proves that most folks are F-in idiots and assume the worse.

Walking away now...

Old 10-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am seriously pissed off at the D-bags that commented on the newpaper website.
Part of the job.

When so many of them talk down to you and let the power of the badge make fools of themselves, then dealing with that reputation comes along with it. I do have sympathy for anyone who suffers burn wounds (the most painful of wounds), but I don't have any sympathy for negative comments cops get.

While I ain't a criminal, I have had enough dealings with them in my life to see the unfair bias that emits from thier Godlike judgemental bahavior. They generally act cocky and rude. Not all of them, but very many of them.

Power feeds ego. Human nature, but that don't make it right.

I teach my kids to stay away from "officer freindly" because secretly he is not your freind.

I just came home from a 2600 mile drive for my job. While I had seen them hiding and waiting to pounce on speeders (in every state I drove thru), I also had seen them drive faster than the speed limit where ever they were not parked. Stops signs ain't meant for them either, only for non cops. We have a local cop that triggers the stoplights every morning on his way to his shift change (while I gotta wait). WTF
It's all about revenue, not about speeding.

He chose that line of work, he can live with the negative comments.
Lord only knows how much grief he has caused for many people.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no sympathy for the "cop" First of all it takes alot of stupidy to stop in a puddle of gasoline. If that was the case. second of all his buddies pulled him loose and stayed with him while his dumb *** almost killed some kids. Where were they when the store clerk was pulling the kids out of the van? forget the kids, make sure my buddy is alive to steal some more money from the public! I would have let him burn and went after the kids.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I don't have any sympathy for negative comments cops get."

I let a "cop" (or anyone else, for that matter) prove they don't deserve respect BEFORE I make a judgement!

And it's possible that things happened pretty much simultaneously, that others observed and intervened as the event unfolded. I'd think things were happening quite quickly right about then!

Really something we can't properly evaluate without having been there... AND observing dispassionatly as things went down!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Last edited by kiltiemon; 10-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wallaby
The cause of the fire seems suspect to me, the bike fell over and ignited a puddle of gas from a previous customer? It's in Florida! how quick does gas evaporate, pretty friggin' fast, must have been a HUGE puddle
Those were my exact thoughts! Even if true, what kind of foul parks his bike in a puddle of gas? I think that this is a case of 2 + 2 = 3!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

I let a "cop" (or anyone else, for that matter) prove they don't deserve respect BEFORE I make a judgement!
Very noble of you.You can be as naive as you want.
However, they had already proved all that to me over the years.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:35 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am not disagreeing with you because I feel the same way. But, I have also met some really nice guys, which were cops. I hope it is the exception that gets off on the badge and gun.
Sad part is, I tell my daughters the same thing, do not trust them because they are cops. They will use your trust and honesty against you. I know most have the best of intentions, but the exceptions can't be trusted. Therefore, you can't trust any of them.

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Part of the job.

When so many of them talk down to you and let the power of the badge make fools of themselves, then dealing with that reputation comes along with it. I do have sympathy for anyone who suffers burn wounds (the most painful of wounds), but I don't have any sympathy for negative comments cops get.

While I ain't a criminal, I have had enough dealings with them in my life to see the unfair bias that emits from thier Godlike judgemental bahavior. They generally act cocky and rude. Not all of them, but very many of them.

Power feeds ego. Human nature, but that don't make it right.

I teach my kids to stay away from "officer freindly" because secretly he is not your freind.

I just came home from a 2600 mile drive for my job. While I had seen them hiding and waiting to pounce on speeders (in every state I drove thru), I also had seen them drive faster than the speed limit where ever they were not parked. Stops signs ain't meant for them either, only for non cops. We have a local cop that triggers the stoplights every morning on his way to his shift change (while I gotta wait). WTF
It's all about revenue, not about speeding.

He chose that line of work, he can live with the negative comments.
Lord only knows how much grief he has caused for many people.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:55 PM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of cops are "type A personalities" and I generally don't get along with type A personalities. As far as the accident....I'm sure strangeness happens...but I have to agree....who would park or stop in a puddle of gas or oil on their bike? I hope he recovers as well as the kids.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well another LEO went down this morning near my area....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...tory?track=rss

Old 10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by big_al
well another LEO went down this morning near my area....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...tory?track=rss
I hate to see anybody go down (friend or fo).
I wish them a speedy recovery.

Must have been off duty, carrying a passenger?

Quick Reply: Freak Accident in Florida!!!