General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ha-Ha I get to go home!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009 | 02:53 PM
Pops
|
Road Captain
Default Ha-Ha I get to go home!

Walked outside this morning only to feel the hair on my legs come to full attention! To some that might be a great feeling but I began to get depressed just knowing that my riding season is close to being over. I was doing OK with the thought of this being a cold 34 mile ride to work but our damn Blue Heeler sat inside the front door, would not even come outside and I swear he was shaking his head, don't do it! Well I went ahead anyways, pulled on an extra shirt and my leathers. I cranked up the bike, found a little Creed and off I went. As I reached the gas station I noticed that the temperature sign said TWEENTY-FOUR degrees, I actually stared at it for a few minutes possibly waiting for it to say just kidding but it never did! I fueled up and stroked out a very pleasent ride to work. Upon arriving at work I found that my finger tips were a little "purple" being a black man I always skip pink. The funny part of all this was after parking the bike and going inside only the have a number of inmates telling me I was CRAZY! The only reply I could pass on to them was Crazy Huh...I get to go home this evening....

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:02 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Well Blue Heeler's are smarter than alot of folks Pops.

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:18 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

Pops, that's pretty damn cold. I would have needed several layers and heavy gloves!!

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:37 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

I miss the cold morning rides....now im in fla. Where its 80 in december. The coldest day i remember since living here has ben 1 or 2 days in the upper 30's...i love the brisk air

Old 10-02-2009 | 03:42 PM
Brickhrd
Intermediate

Too cold for me!! (I guess that's why I live in the South)

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:17 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member

Yup, respect from me. I wouldn't ride at 24 degrees. Tough, buddy.

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:29 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

Dude, you are the oddest black man ever, live in Alaska, ride a Harley, and own a Blue Heeler. All of that, and you will skip pink.
Its a little to cold for me at 32 degrees.
Originally Posted by Pops
Walked outside this morning only to feel the hair on my legs come to full attention! To some that might be a great feeling but I began to get depressed just knowing that my riding season is close to being over. I was doing OK with the thought of this being a cold 34 mile ride to work but our damn Blue Heeler sat inside the front door, would not even come outside and I swear he was shaking his head, don't do it! Well I went ahead anyways, pulled on an extra shirt and my leathers. I cranked up the bike, found a little Creed and off I went. As I reached the gas station I noticed that the temperature sign said TWEENTY-FOUR degrees, I actually stared at it for a few minutes possibly waiting for it to say just kidding but it never did! I fueled up and stroked out a very pleasent ride to work. Upon arriving at work I found that my finger tips were a little "purple" being a black man I always skip pink. The funny part of all this was after parking the bike and going inside only the have a number of inmates telling me I was CRAZY! The only reply I could pass on to them was Crazy Huh...I get to go home this evening....

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:30 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member

You are a cold man there Pops , lol , both in the ride and what you
said to the inmates , Kudos to you Sir !!!! lol

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:32 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Props to Pops!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 10-02-2009 | 04:33 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Man, when the dog is sitting at the door shaking his head, it's time to crawl back into bed!

Quick Reply: Ha-Ha I get to go home!