Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toy haulers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts
Default Toy haulers

ok thinking of buying a toy hauler and was wondering how many of you have them and how you like them. i dont want a 5th wheel , way to much money. a travel trailer will do just fine. just looking for some good input. thanks animal.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
cruzinthecoast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just started to look for a Toy Hauler would like to hear some input too.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
AZ Ultra Unlimited
6th Gear

Purchased a 2003 Weekend Warrior 26FS new in 2003. Still have unit. I like the Eclipes Attitudes. Built with aluminum studs. Stron units. Popular trailers. If you buy new get ready to lose alot of money fast. Depreciation is huge. Bought mine in 03 at $28,000. Now worth maybe $10,000. There is some great deals out there on used units, buy one and let the original owner take it in the shorts.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:09 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Friend of mine has one. As far as he tells me, he really likes it. A way to have your vehicle, bike and a place to stay, all in one. If thats what your looking for, go for it.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 PM
HighriderUSA
Cruiser

There is a few out there with side loading doors, which will probably only accomodate 1 bike, but you have more living space, that you don't need to take apart to put a bike in. Check Ebay for the brand, there are usually a few listed with that option.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

If anyone got excellent links to any type of toy haulers that's able to carry motorcycles. I would like to get familiar with them just to prep for my retirement. My goal is to buy 1 ton truck, Travel Trailer or 5th Wheel and a Trike to travel all over good ol' USA.

Thanks,

Thorey

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 AM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

I've got a Weekend Warrior 5th wheel. It's a natural combination of our interests in camping and motorcycles.

Previously, I had a 30' Work and Play tag along. Low profile and built like a tank.

Just go to a few RV shows to see what you like, but I highly recommend buying used as another poster suggested.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 AM
MILO851
Cruiser

Wife and I been looking This is what we determind WE want

a seperate garage door (wall and door that keep garage seperate from living Quarters)

bathroom that is not in masterbedroom if someone needs to use I dont want in my bedroom.

She saw and wants outside fridge or place to put one

she wants "walk in closet" in master bed

I want fueling station

I want very comfey chair for napping

She cant understand why they all come with kitchen"she hates to cook"

this is by us and where we looked
http://www.toyhaulerllc.com/index.html

Old 09-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,002 Likes on 7,300 Posts

The wife and I purchased one over a year ago and we love it. Have not used it as much as we planned but when we do it is really great.

We did not want a large one nor did we want one that looked like a travel trailer. Ours is a 20 foot Haulmark Cadet that has a full kitchen and bath/shower combo in the front and the rear stores you bike and all you gear. When you are at camp you have two sofa's that fold down and at night the fold again to make a queen bed. Of course it has heat and A/C.

It listed for $23K and the dealer had it on his lot for just over a year. It is a 2007 model and they reduced it to $17.5K and I offered them $15K out the door. The said no and then called back needing $16K and I told them when they get tired of looking at it to call me. He said if he agreed to $15K would I say yes right now and take it that day and we made a deal. I did give him another $1K for a really heavy duty wheel chock, a spare tire and an awning on one side.

I am sold on Torsion axles from pulling boat trailers for years and this had Torsion which was a big plus for me plus it also has an electric jack lift on the tongue which the wife loves.

It's nice to go somewhere and have everything you need with you and not have to worry about the weather traveling to your destination.

Happy shopping

P.S. Here are a few pictures while camped at the KOA in Charleston, SC earlier this year.

Attached Thumbnails Toy haulers-sc-2008-hog-rally-059.jpg   Toy haulers-sc-2008-hog-rally-054.jpg   Toy haulers-sc-2008-hog-rally-058.jpg   Toy haulers-sc-2008-hog-rally-068.jpg   Toy haulers-sc-2008-hog-rally-062.jpg  

Old 09-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,002 Likes on 7,300 Posts

Well this seems to be the only picture I can find right now of the exterior of ours.

Again we wanted to keep it simple, easy to tow and not spend a lot.

I have it indoors now and I'll have to take some more pictures when I get home.

Attached Thumbnails Toy haulers-misc-january-2009-311.jpg   Toy haulers-misc-january-2009-316.jpg  

Quick Reply: Toy haulers