General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
MaroSteve
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

because its under warranty?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MaroSteve
if you bought a 2010, why were you paying for the service?
Im going to take it that where you purchased your bike from, "gives" you the 1000 mile service for free.
Is that a correct?

Well, their not really giving you anything, you have indeed paid for it.
Not all dealers operate this way, Mine, all prices are on the bikes, out the door, tax, tags, doc, freight... ETC.
Anything that has to do with the final price.
I have purchased 3 bikes in 3 years from this dealer, the other dealer just as close in the other direction does not price his this way.
There is a price on the bike but then he adds tax tags doc freight and any other fees he sees fit.
He always asks me why I by from the other guy and Im like you are always 2 grand more for the same bike, they also have higher hourly service rates.
I do buy parts and stuff from them though and they dont mind taking my money with no fuss.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:14 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

Originally Posted by MaroSteve
because its under warranty?
Warrenty has nothing to do with a 1000 mile service, or 5K, 10K etc

Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 PM
MaroSteve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fireman9513
Im going to take it that where you purchased your bike from, "gives" you the 1000 mile service for free.
Is that a correct?

Well, their not really giving you anything, you have indeed paid for it.
Not all dealers operate this way, Mine, all prices are on the bikes, out the door, tax, tags, doc, freight... ETC.
Anything that has to do with the final price.
I have purchased 3 bikes in 3 years from this dealer, the other dealer just as close in the other direction does not price his this way.
There is a price on the bike but then he adds tax tags doc freight and any other fees he sees fit.
He always asks me why I by from the other guy and Im like you are always 2 grand more for the same bike, they also have higher hourly service rates.
I do buy parts and stuff from them though and they dont mind taking my money with no fuss.
no, I bought my bike overseas from a military car salesman, who applied no bullshit fees. He even took off an extra 300 to get rid of the bullshit handling fee to get the bike where I want.
I have not had a 1000 mile service yet as I Have not seen the bike yet. Its not even made
I just assumed that xx mile services that are under warranty are paid for, by the warranty.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

No thats not how it works.
If you buy a new bike then yes you have a warrenty.
But it only covers break downs not normal maintenance work, which is what a 1000 mile service is, normal maintenance.
Change all fluids, check all critical fasteners, adjust cables and such.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:07 PM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the dealer I got my dyna from sell bikes for MSRP OTD no bs fees but back in may they try to sell me the same bike with doc fees, F&S, tags, taxesend of july it was MSRP. dealer near me is selling the same bike with about 1500 on the tag. I buy stuff from them but not my bike and their service is crazy prices

fireman what part of nc?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dreamer65
the dealer I got my dyna from sell bikes for MSRP OTD no bs fees but back in may they try to sell me the same bike with doc fees, F&S, tags, taxesend of july it was MSRP. dealer near me is selling the same bike with about 1500 on the tag. I buy stuff from them but not my bike and their service is crazy prices

fireman what part of nc?
Down on the coast, 18 miles inland from Emerald Isle, between jacksonville and New Bern, town called Maysville.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:06 PM
skidz5453
Advanced

1000 mile service is and was not covered from the dealer i purchased or any other dealer around here.....New roc was charging me as well as the ******* who didn't want my money.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:03 AM
racerdj
Club Member

This sounds like a great way to destroy a business. I hope Harley straightens out that dealer.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 AM
dcobra23
Tourer

I wouldn't patronize this dealer if it meant to travel a few more miles. What about Lighthouse Harley Davidson in Huntington, they have a new service manager and move things in and out promptly. The used FLHT I bought had bad valve guide seals and after 2 months of me riding it he took it to the HD rep and had them fix it for on their dime. Great bunch of people.

Quick Reply: Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY