General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:58 AM
2003chromefatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with all that has been posted, write the Main Office at HD to complain. That being said, I have only good things to say for the Mechanic at Eastern. Todd is #1. I bought my 03 at Lighthouse, had the first service there, and never went back (wasn't happy with costumer service dept). Have gone to Eastern since, without issue. As stated before, the owner is a little off, and can not defend him in any way, but the guy turning the wrench is tops. That's what makes this country great, we have choice. Chris

Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
skidz5453
Advanced

Originally Posted by vtwin1340
+1 Go get your bike serviced where you bought it.
if you were able to read the whole story u will see why i cant do that......that being said, other dealers don't have a problem servicing my bike. If he has a problem with the dealer, then take it up with HD or the dealer himself not with the consumer. If i want the best deal for my hard earned dollar ill get it any way i see how...its my money and ill spend any way i want. If he is so concerned about being beat out maybe he should lower his prices.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

This guy, as a business owner, can refuse service to anyone he wants to. It's not right in this case, but, it is still his right. And, the MOCO can do nothing about it, as long as it wasn't warranty work. On warranty work, the MOCO can force the issue, but probably won't on some work that can be done anyplace on the bike owner's dime.

Solution, spread the word and don't do business with him. And then go tell the other dealer that the guy calls him a pig.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skidz5453
if you were able to read the whole story u will see why i cant do that......that being said, other dealers don't have a problem servicing my bike. If he has a problem with the dealer, then take it up with HD or the dealer himself not with the consumer. If i want the best deal for my hard earned dollar ill get it any way i see how...its my money and ill spend any way i want. If he is so concerned about being beat out maybe he should lower his prices.
I was thinking the same thing. What happens if you move from CA to NY. Your going to go back to get your bike serviced in CA? NOT! I'd be welcoming your business anytime and who knows....maybe the next time you come in you'll buy a bike from me. As I said earlier. The man (dealer) is not too bright.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can’t imagine having an owner tell me to come get my bike and take it somewhere else for service. Wow! What a d*ck!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 PM
hday
1st Gear
Default New Roc marks up financing

Originally Posted by wraplock
BTW when I was looking for a new Street Glide I went to NewRoc 1st. and then another local dealer. They both quoted MSRP on the same bike but the 2nd. dealer was getting half the financing that NewRoc was charging. The 2nd. dealer (I won't name) told me Harley allows them to mark up the financing 3% over what they charge them. He said that they don't mark up the financing but NewRoc does. He even showed me the document from the MoCo to prove it. I'm just saying.
I had the same experience at New Roc with marked up financing. I got a price for a '09 Street Glide there, did the credit application, got approved and was told my monthly payment would be X amount. Then I went to Reggie Pink, got a comparable price on the bike BUT my monthly payment was $30 less there! That adds up over a 7 year loan to more than $2,000 extra in interest! New Roc also advertises they give you the tax back. First, they don't really give it back to you. They just give you a store credit for merchandise in that amount. Second, what benefit is there in a $1,400 store credit that you are paying $2,000 for in added interest. It's a big scam if you ask me.
As far as the original topic, I don't think a dealer can deny warranty work on a bike purchased elsewhere but as with any business, whether it's a smart thing to do or not, they can chose who and who not to do business with. In the long run, unless their prices are out of line, I think it's best to buy where you will be going for service.

Last edited by hday; 04-28-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 AM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay away from Stan the owner at Riverhead HD. He is a class A a**hole. He has a bullet hole in the window from about 10 years ago from another satisfied customer. My friends who live in that area go to that dealer every weekend just to pinch a loaf and not flush.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Highland61
Novice

That business model is rampant in the boating industry to include "territorial" sales regions.
Three types of dealers, those after sales only, those after service only, and those after both.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:14 AM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley davidson of suffolk (on sunrise highway in oakdale) excellent mechanics top notch work great group of guys

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Mandog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IlDuce
Harley davidson of suffolk (on sunrise highway in oakdale) excellent mechanics top notch work great group of guys
I agree, Oakdales owner is a nice guy....Parts and service guys are good.....Miracle Mile is good too....Lenny from Miracle Mile offered me free pick up and delivery when I bought my Ultra from him on any type of work. He also made it a point that he would pick up my other two even though they came from other dealers. Never took him up on the offer since I do the work myself. Not a fan of Light House HD ever since Rubins got the axe.

Quick Reply: Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY