General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:23 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Reggie Pink wonderful?- I bought a bike from them a year and a half ago, and you are right, Dave and Anthony are nice guys who will give you the time of day. After I bought my bike from Jason I had a question, so I emailed him about 5 or 6 times over the course of a week and then only got half an answer; then, I called and he was busy, so I had to ride over there, and he acted like it was no big deal to ignore a customer- and he's related to the current owner (maybe he feels empowerd). Other than Dave and the service department, they're all miserable- many times to the point of being rude. You would think that after buying a bike and a couple grand in accessories and clothes they'd remember my name and be happy to see me, but nope! I work about a mile from them and gave them a shot on a part for my bike. They currently have a 10% +10% special on all parts installed there, so I called and asked if I could get the 10% off without installation and the parts guy said okay, checked to see if the part was in stock, and when I got there he denied the whole conversation; I of course walked right out. I'm done with Reggie Pink.

New Roc- they ave me a great deal on my new bike, but tried to beat me up on my trade-in. In the end I got the bike for a great price, but Jamie the finance guy acts like he's your best friend and then gives you an outrageous rate. I'm in the middle of a re-fi, a zero fee re-fi because my credit score ranges from 750-760 (depending on which of the big 3 your banker talks to), and Jamie ave me a rate of 13.49% for my 4 year loan with 25% down. Amazingly, after sitting down and repeatedly saying not good enough, I got up started walking out and he asked me to come back in his office to see what he could do- my rate ended up at 9.49% as he tried to make it look like he was working with the real numbers. The salesman was very nice, but when I got home with all my paperwork I realized I was so busy with the financing (and in a rush to get home before my kids went to sleep) that I hadn't noticed that they didn't give me my owners manual. I told a friend who bought his bike there as well, and he also didn't get his owners manual.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:56 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Trouble
Believe what you will, but by refusing to service bikes "purchased at other dealerships" he has actually broken his franchise agreement. IMO, These are exactly the types of dealers H-D will put under the microscope as they make the tough decisions on how to trim down the dealer footprint.
Exactly! The MoCo won't be happy that the bikes they manufacture won't be serviced by one of their franchisee's.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:52 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
Reggie Pink wonderful?- I bought a bike from them a year and a half ago, and you are right, Dave and Anthony are nice guys who will give you the time of day. After I bought my bike from Jason I had a question, so I emailed him about 5 or 6 times over the course of a week and then only got half an answer; then, I called and he was busy, so I had to ride over there, and he acted like it was no big deal to ignore a customer- and he's related to the current owner (maybe he feels empowerd). Other than Dave and the service department, they're all miserable- many times to the point of being rude. You would think that after buying a bike and a couple grand in accessories and clothes they'd remember my name and be happy to see me, but nope! I work about a mile from them and gave them a shot on a part for my bike. They currently have a 10% +10% special on all parts installed there, so I called and asked if I could get the 10% off without installation and the parts guy said okay, checked to see if the part was in stock, and when I got there he denied the whole conversation; I of course walked right out. I'm done with Reggie Pink.

New Roc- they ave me a great deal on my new bike, but tried to beat me up on my trade-in. In the end I got the bike for a great price, but Jamie the finance guy acts like he's your best friend and then gives you an outrageous rate. I'm in the middle of a re-fi, a zero fee re-fi because my credit score ranges from 750-760 (depending on which of the big 3 your banker talks to), and Jamie ave me a rate of 13.49% for my 4 year loan with 25% down. Amazingly, after sitting down and repeatedly saying not good enough, I got up started walking out and he asked me to come back in his office to see what he could do- my rate ended up at 9.49% as he tried to make it look like he was working with the real numbers. The salesman was very nice, but when I got home with all my paperwork I realized I was so busy with the financing (and in a rush to get home before my kids went to sleep) that I hadn't noticed that they didn't give me my owners manual. I told a friend who bought his bike there as well, and he also didn't get his owners manual.
I would have walk out at 9.49%