General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 AM
just_working_on_the_43
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow on all my trips I have always been impressed with the HD dealerships. I like the fact that the dealer from NY was reading the forum. I do all my owne work but I but all my parts from a local dealer here. One of the guys even drops the parts by my house for me. F that guy, service is SERVICE you never know who you dont know.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 AM
donutsrd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

assuming u live out east,im also on li and its been my experience that harley of suffolk located in oakdale has by far the best service deopt.take a ride or give em a call im sure you will be happy

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
rbartick
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by outridin
I’ve been just reading on this forum for maybe a year or so and don’t recall ever seeing anything before about a dealer turning away a service customer for purchasing elsewhere. I’ve also never seen a dealer respond or solicit here either, and it came across to me as inappropriate.
I fail to see why his post was inappropriate. NewRoc did not quote prices and he did not say anything about any other dealers. NewRoc is just trying hard to sell bikes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! I see the same thing all the time over at the Corvette Forum.

I shopped my local dealers for a 2010 FXDWG and I could not find anyone that was willing to negotiate. NewRoc offered me a deal I could not refuse and I gave them my business. I am extremely happy with the deal I got at NewRoc and everyone there treated me very well.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rbartick
I fail to see why his post was inappropriate. NewRoc did not quote prices and he did not say anything about any other dealers. NewRoc is just trying hard to sell bikes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! I see the same thing all the time over at the Corvette Forum.

I shopped my local dealers for a 2010 FXDWG and I could not find anyone that was willing to negotiate. NewRoc offered me a deal I could not refuse and I gave them my business. I am extremely happy with the deal I got at NewRoc and everyone there treated me very well.
I totally agree; I see absolutely nothing wrong with NewRoc’s response. The OP quoted Eastern as saying that NewRoc was a pig because they deal; NewRoc responded by saying “YES WE DO DEAL”! As far as I’m concerned, it’s just good business on NewRoc’s part.

It has been about 2 weeks since Easter refused to service OP’s bike; my question is: after all the negative publicity Eastern has received over this, are they still refusing to service bikes purchased else ware?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 AM
hday
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m not sure how to feel about a dealer posting or soliciting here. In a weird way it sort of feels like an invasion so I kind of get the telemarketer comparison. If you advertise in a post, does that mean you get free advertising while others on the site have to pay for it. Maybe the administrators of this forum can shed some light on the subject of posting vs. advertising or soliciting. If it is appropriate however and they choose to participate in a thread, then they should take the bad with the good and respond to the bad comments about them and not just the good ones. Which leads me to the following . . .
I’m new to this forum since I just bought my first new HD. Wanted to read some opinions on exhaust and race tuners when I came across this Eastern HD thread. Someone by the name of wraplock had posted the same exact bad experience with New Roc that I had, which led me join so I could submit my post. So now I’m back to take exception to the claim that they like to deal when they tried to scam both me and wraplock. Making people think they’re getting a discount price and then marking up their financing rate by 3% is a scam in my opinion. In my case, that extra 3% was going to cost me over $2,200. If you paid cash or got your own financing, maybe you got a good deal, but I think people who have financed through New Roc should check their loan papers and do some math. If you don’t believe me or wraplock, here’s another guy named bronxhog on another forum saying the same thing (you may have to control and click to get the link):
http://www.*****************/forums/de...-terrible.html

Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 AM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with the higher rate on financing. But consumer beware. 99% of Car, Motor Sport. And Morg brokers. Will tag points on to a loan. Be it up front or on the end. Heck your Bank will even do it to yea. How many times Iv'e went to price a Cage. The salesperson says what are you looking for in a monthly payment. I say how much you want for the car. They say how much do you want to pay for the car? I say a Dollar. They make a stupid laugh to a stupid answer from a stupid question. I ask them whats the current interest rate? answer depends on your score. I say its good. Salesperson says around 7.9%. I say I can do better on the Street. I can get 5.9% Then I get up to walk. All of a sudden they can meet the 5.9%. This has happened to me many a times over the years. My advice when looking to buy a bike First of all you don't need it it,s a toy a hobby. Take you time if you don't like the numbers walk. Danbury HD played the numbers game with me back in 06. Treated me like I was a18year old kid. Would not give me the cost of the bike. But wanted me to put down a thousand deposit then they would run my credit app. I said you kidding me right why would Igive you a thousand when I don't know the cost of the Bike. There answer was well we don't want to waist our time. Any way did not give them a cent. They ran my credit came back with 12.9%. Said i scored a 650 i knew they were full of ****. Ok I say how much for cash. The owner says I rather not have cash. He had the ***** to tell me he does better if I finance which I know already. That he get a % of the financeing. F It I walk. A year latter I go to NewRock HD A thousand off MSRP no Prep no other BS fees thrown in. I paid Cash as I got the money else were. Was happy.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
dFREDb
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey skidz, check out my thread posted this morning. These kinds of things really sour the Harley experience for a lot of people. At least the dealer is making an attempt to address my issue. We'll see. I drove 60 miles to buy some parts just so they wouldn't get another dime from me, but maybe they can get my respect back. Not expecting much though.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:33 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

service a bike bought from another dealer exceptionally well will sell a motorcycle in the future. failure to service can cause many sales to be made elsewhere.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seascape
On new roc's web page it says "go get your best offer and bring it here ,we'll beat it"

Being a business owner myself I have encountered competition doing this same exact thing. It makes you feel like your advertising dollars,your investment dollars ect... are all for nothing. In my opinion its dirty and drives the market down.

I would say this tactic is starting to effect his livleyhood and he's getting fed up w/ it. I dont blame him.

Theres other ways to beat your competition besides playing cut throat.
I'm from the country 'The United States of America', welcome to my home.

Where competition is here to keep businesses honest, partially by not allowing a monopoly to force prices beyond what the people wish to pay.

There are many of our fore fathers and our children who have fought and lost their lives so that YOU can choose to be as much of a hypocritical tyrant as you wish to be without fear of losing your ability to say it like you feel it.

Be happy my friend, as I assure you that I will use the competition to MY advantage EVERY day!

I'm willing to bet you have a problem with democracy also. Be glad that others have been willing to do battle, and in fact even die on your behalf, thus allowing you the freedom to choose to be as inconsiderate of their losses as you wish.

Can't help but wonder if you have any service record to show what you have done to defend your right to that freedom. You express your (lack of) gratitude for those things you take for granted so easily, and very carelessly indeed.

I guess I should add that I posted that statement above without seeing those others who agree with him. My daughter even had the guts to serve for your freedoms. You most likely are some of the few who didn't have the courage to stand up for others as easily as you stand up for yourselves. America, a place where incredulous greedy morons will forever feel they are the only ones who matter...

Last edited by CroK; 10-06-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CroK
I'm from the country 'The United States of America', welcome to my home.

Where competition is here to keep businesses honest, partially by not allowing a monopoly to force prices beyond what the people wish to pay.

There are many of our fore fathers and our children who have fought and lost their lives so that YOU can choose to be as much of a hypocritical tyrant as you wish to be without fear of losing your ability to say it like you feel it.

Be happy my friend, as I assure you that I will use the competition to MY advantage EVERY day!

I'm willing to bet you have a problem with democracy also. Be glad that others have been willing to do battle, and in fact even die on your behalf, thus allowing you the freedom to choose to be as inconsiderate of their losses as you wish.

Can't help but wonder if you have any service record to show what you have done to defend your right to that freedom. You express your (lack of) gratitude for those things you take for granted so easily, and very carelessly indeed.
I respectfully disagree - I don't think that's what he said at all!

Quick Reply: Dealer problem Eastern Harley Riverhead NY