General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delmarva bike week is starting to feel like myrtle beach use to feel

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeNoSun
2nd time at this event and much fun was had. I thought this year was bigger than last year.
Same here. Last year was my virgin run and it felt like this year had more bikes.
Originally Posted by jbe
I heard about the back up. We came back the back roads through Del.
Same here. Enjoyed the lid-less freedom taking the scenic route to avoid 50. I learned that lesson last year...

Old 09-22-2009, 07:48 AM
lindy77
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a blast at Delmarva... actually stayed till Monday to avoid the traffic and hung out at Seacrets instead, awesome time! Can't wait to go back next year! My thoughts do go out to the person who was killed on Rt 50, RIP.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

My first time also. Had a great time. I also liked the way everything was spread out. It appeared to me the locals really seem to enjoy having us.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lindy77
Had a blast at Delmarva... actually stayed till Monday to avoid the traffic and hung out at Seacrets instead, awesome time! Can't wait to go back next year! My thoughts do go out to the person who was killed on Rt 50, RIP.
Do you have any kind of a link to the story? I am a local, basically, and have not seen anything on this.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
remike
Road Master

Originally Posted by brihvac
Been going since the beginning. I have to say this was the best weather yet.

I was riding about 30mph on Rt50, in traffic, and this woman was right on my a$$. A cop pulled out of the Royal Farms and grabbed her. Im sure he was pulling her over for tailgating me because I was stuck at a light and I could see him pointing at me.
Good on the LEO, Saturday around 2:00 pm rte 50 looked like there was a FOP convention in progress. I think every other crossover had a Trooper sitting there.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
lindy77
Intermediate

If you search "delmarva" up top someone actuallu posted a thread with a link to the newspaper article.. It doesnt tell much at this point but it should clear things up.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 AM
remike
Road Master

If you search "delmarva" up top someone actuallu posted a thread with a link to the newspaper article.. It doesnt tell much at this point but it should clear things up.
Thanks

Old 09-22-2009, 09:31 AM
04softail103stroker
Stage IV

delmarva bike week...great time... RIP to the fella from lansdown, md thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends

Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Damn, that happened just a few minutes in front of us. The police had just gotten there and were directing traffic around the scene. It was 8ish Friday evening and the trike was white. Thoughts go out to the family.....

Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

My second year to attend. Rode down just for the day on Saturday. Didn't think about the sun because it was a little cool and my face is sun burned. There were a lot of bikes and a lot of good looking women. Things seemed very organized and yes every crossover on US 50 had a trooper sitting in it. I thought there were more vendors at this event then at Gettysburg. I like that fact that you can attend for the day and don't have to pay to get in like Gettysburg.

Quick Reply: Delmarva bike week is starting to feel like myrtle beach use to feel