Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local HD dealer may close

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 01:25 PM
niteowl02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Local HD dealer may close

One of our local and long time dealers may be force to close its doors due to their location. Just not right!

http://www.fresnobee.com/business/story/1642058.html
http://www.mathewshd.com/

Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Ironhand
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do what all the hotshots around here do.... buy off the internet and call the dealer a stealer and wonder why the shops close.
there is such a thing as keeping the money in your town but what do i know

Old 09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by niteowl02
One of our local and long time dealers may be force to close its doors due to their location. Just not right!

http://www.fresnobee.com/business/story/1642058.html
http://www.mathewshd.com/
you will see a lot of mom and pops closing their doors. the MOCO has a clause in their dealer agreement which allows them to dictate upgrades at their discretion to property and locations. the MOCO is telling dealers that they need new facilities that measure a minimum of 37000 sq ft and be located in a busy downtow location or visible from a major highway. you will see dealers merging and/or closing. the MOCO is estimating a reduction of 20-30% of the dealer body accross the country

Old 09-19-2009, 03:03 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Interesting to see how they resolve this .. In this economy right now if the Dealer making a profit and even willing to expand on top of it .. Then someone at HD Headquarters has a few loose screws ... If something ain't broke don't fix it ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 09-19-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:11 PM
niteowl02
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Interesting to see who they resolve this .. In this economy right now if the Dealer making a profit and even willing to expand on top of it .. Then someone at HD Headquarters has a few loose screws ... If something ain't broke don't fix it ..
Exactly my thoughts.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:24 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Interesting to see who they resolve this .. In this economy right now if the Dealer making a profit and even willing to expand on top of it .. Then someone at HD Headquarters has a few loose screws ... If something ain't broke don't fix it ..
Amen to that!

Old 09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
jurob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ironhand
do what all the hotshots around here do.... buy off the internet and call the dealer a stealer and wonder why the shops close.
pay more local, thats smart! i'm going were the deal is. friend got the same trike 5k cheaper going to pa instead of buying it local.

what you call a hotshot i call a smart shopper.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:34 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ironhand
Apparently you don’t know much; read the article hotshot!

The possibility of the dealer closing has nothing to do with internet sales or even a lack of business. The business is doing well enough for the dealer to be willing to invest one million dollars in expanding the present location; however, MOCO has not yet approved of the location and may not renew their dealer agreement thus forcing him out of business

I suggest that you redirect your anger at MOCO, rather than consumers that are smart enough to shop for deal.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior

+1 Gotta love when people say stupid things about something they haven't even read.

Originally Posted by TheJimer
Apparently you don’t know much; read the article hotshot!

The possibility of the dealer closing has nothing to do with internet sales or even a lack of business. The business is doing well enough for the dealer to be willing to invest one million dollars in expanding the present location; however, MOCO has not yet approved of the location and may not renew their dealer agreement thus forcing him out of business

I suggest that you redirect your anger at MOCO, rather than consumers that are smart enough to shop for deal.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:32 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

funny, seems like we hate them when their open yet we hate them when they close. go figure.

Quick Reply: Local HD dealer may close