General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lamb skin leather jackets who has some info

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010 | 11:00 AM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member

Man i have had it with the snow, cold, ice and winter period. I have been sick for a week with sinus, and head cold and all. and to add insult to injury i got to load up my dads bike and hes leaving for Daytona in the morning and iam still sitting here. I wanted to go but didn't want to burn all my vacation during the winter.

Old 02-24-2010 | 12:27 PM
weslmac
2nd Gear

Same situation stuck in winter hell with very little vacation on the books.

Old 02-24-2010 | 12:39 PM
cadman311
Club Member

Calling for more snow tonight. I use a heated liner under that lamb skin just to stay warm.

Old 02-24-2010 | 01:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Default good cement for leather tears

Originally Posted by oct1949
Have a lamb skin jacket I've have for 7-8 yrs, more a casual jacket and wasn't made for a motorcycle but I have worn it while riding.
Its worn well, they will tear easier than cowhide but they are softer.
after a while they will absorb water faster if not treaded. almost like a chamois...
I still wear mine a lot during the colder months of the yr...
I have a couple little tears in mine, as the lamb skin is really thin.

I found a tube of leather glue at a leather repair store, "Barge all purpose CEMENT" its like contract glue, works on a lot of stuff,,,,

It really holds well but the best thing is it never sets up hard as it will give a little.. I used a toothpick to apply it to both sides of the tears, wait a few minutes and then stick it together, it works great...

Old 02-24-2010 | 07:59 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

As others have posted....lambskin is not much good for bike riding (in terms of protection). It's considered 'fashion' leather, and not very durable even in that leather class.

For real protection you want bullhide, or lawyerskin (wears like f*cken iron, but it won't let you pass an auto accident without handing out business cards).

Old 02-25-2010 | 07:40 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Kangaroo skin has the best abrasion resistance of all leathers and is fairly soft too. On the downside the cheapest jacket I've seen is more than a grand.

Old 02-25-2010 | 08:53 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Man i have had it with the snow, cold, ice and winter period. I have been sick for a week with sinus, and head cold and all. and to add insult to injury i got to load up my dads bike and hes leaving for Daytona in the morning and iam still sitting here. I wanted to go but didn't want to burn all my vacation during the winter.

D@mn !! that sucks....sounds like something I might do to my son..... "here son, want a little salt in that wound" ..... Hell, jump onto the "F**k this snow,lets drink" thread, by the time it reaches 5000 posts spring should have found your part of the world, and you can get back to riding. This summer I was not appreciating my location, but I am this winter.

Old 02-25-2010 | 10:16 AM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member

oh well once he gets his trailer out today i can get the bike on the lift and start doing my work. Got to get both wheels off put new rotors and tires on new brakes flush the brake fluid. Re run the wiring for my speakers and put the jackl tank lift on.

Old 02-25-2010 | 10:28 AM
fatbob123
Road Captain

would not like to be wearing lambs leather if you came off - beautiful leather but its too soft for a biking jacket

Old 02-25-2010 | 11:34 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Lambskin may not be the best protective type jacket but lets face it, most of us ride in just t-shirts in the summer. So why put so much emphasis on protection when we ride unprotected 80% of the time.

Quick Reply: lamb skin leather jackets who has some info