General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lamb skin leather jackets who has some info

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009 | 04:31 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

O' Skully.... I know what you mean, about the appearence, and being on your bike.... but as mentioned...it's on her back... If you want to keep seeing her on her back, it may be wise just to bite the bullet and make the lady happy....unless she is the type that is never happy? If it's on the clearence rack at 1/2 the original selling price....then you can't go too wrong. My concern would be the aspect she likes...it is soft leather...but each to their own. Be sure to post a pic with her wearing it...

Old 11-22-2009 | 04:52 PM
schumacher
Club Member

lambskin is some good stuff. like oct said, it's more for dress jackets than actual riding

Old 11-22-2009 | 05:05 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Lamb skin leather is very soft, nice, and makes a good jacket. But not for motorcycle riding. It is not a strong leather fibre and will tear easily. Very little protection if you. or she, happen to go down on the pavement.

Old 11-22-2009 | 08:16 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member

Lambskin is not appropriate for motorcycle riding. Way too soft. Even if you don't fall down in it, it will get little tears in it just from being so soft.
I've got a Schott lambskin jacket, not for MC riding, and I wouldn't get another.

Old 11-22-2009 | 11:20 PM
CroK
Banned

The jacket itself doesn't look bad. I'm sure it's comfortable as other have testified...

BUT that blue is remeniscent of the color i've seen on people's face as they hurled overboard, from being out on a boat in a nice rolling sea for the first time!

BUUIIIIICCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-23-2010 | 01:44 PM
weslmac
2nd Gear
Default Lambskin Jacket

I recently purchased the Harley-Davidson® Men's Back in Black Leather Jacket-LIMITED EDITION Lambskin jacket. I have had this jacket for only 2 months and have several tears. I am not impressed with the quality for the money spent. I will never purchase a lambskin jacket again. I have never used the jacket for riding and I have never abused this jacket. The jacket I purchased is so fragile and should not be considered as safety gear.

I am not saying that all lambskin leather jackets are bad but this limited edition one that HD is selling is of very poor quality. The jacket is currently at the dealer and I am waiting on a call back from the sales manager on what they plan on doing about this jacket. One dealer told me that HD has a very good warrenty but the dealer that I bought the jacket from is telling me they dont know if the tears in the leather are covered. I am asking to return the jacket so that I can replace it with a different leather jacket that doesnt have to be hung on the wall and never worn to last.

Old 02-23-2010 | 01:55 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

As others have said, lambskin looks nice, but doesn't make a good bike jacket.

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:10 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

Just like the rest of said, lambskin is worthless for protection, one of those ugly HD jean jackets for $70 provides better protection, but it is nice soft leather. My OL wanted a lambskin and I told her that's fine for when she is going to work, but she isn't wearing it on the bike. Then I got her one similar in looks but cow hide, even she could tell the difference right away.

Old 02-23-2010 | 11:12 PM
OhioSkully
|
Club Member

Thanks guys, i found her a nice jacket during the easy rider bike show in columbus stopped at local dealer and they had a nice leather jacket with liner that she really liked and it looked good was $425 marked down to $169 so i told her to get it now and she was happy.

Old 02-24-2010 | 09:38 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Thanks guys, i found her a nice jacket during the easy rider bike show in columbus stopped at local dealer and they had a nice leather jacket with liner that she really liked and it looked good was $425 marked down to $169 so i told her to get it now and she was happy.
Hey Skully, R U Thawing out yet?
That looks like a pretty good deal. Way to go....

Quick Reply: lamb skin leather jackets who has some info