Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crash today (Crotch Rocket)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:32 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crash today (Crotch Rocket)

This kid crashed today in my town. Speed was a factor, no helmet on driver who was flown out by helicopter with head injuries. Female passenger had a helmet on and was in stable condition.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2333/496537F2AADC4EB5A6283F5C4651F5C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2006, 06:41 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Crash today (Crotch Rocket)

We just had a rider killed by a drunk as she turned in front of him (left turn). The rider was not wearing a helmet and was going 98 in a 45. After looking at the case the State Attorney is not going to file DUI Manslaughter charges, they said that even though she was drunk, .207 legal limit is .08, he was exceeding the speed limit when he hit her. They will file charges for DUI though. Needless to say the family is not happy with this decision.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

A few months ago we had a guy crash wearing a helmeyt and he is now paralyzed from the neck down. The doctors told him if he hadn't had the helmet on he'd be dead. I'd rather be dead.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Cigar Aggie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lawdawg

We just had a rider killed by a drunk as she turned in front of him (left turn). The rider was not wearing a helmet and was going 98 in a 45. After looking at the case the State Attorney is not going to file DUI Manslaughter charges, they said that even though she was drunk, .207 legal limit is .08, he was exceeding the speed limit when he hit her. They will file charges for DUI though. Needless to say the family is not happy with this decision.
Loss of life is always a tragedy and there should be no reason for driving drunk. But 98 in a 45? Even if she had been sober, I bet the results might have been the same. I saw the results of a similar situation years ago. The rider wasn't killed by the car, he was killed for doing 98 in a 45. That is a death wish on a bike.....

Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 AM
daboys53119
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RudeDog

A few months ago we had a guy crash wearing a helmeyt and he is now paralyzed from the neck down. The doctors told him if he hadn't had the helmet on he'd be dead. I'd rather be dead.
AMEN!!!

Old 06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

ORIGINAL: RudeDog

I don't know about that. If paralyzed, I would still be able to watch my boys play sports, see the grandkids smiles, be there for the weddings, graduations etc. I think you get my point.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:04 PM
boom215
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see both sides here, but ill take my own side. I will never get in an accident. There you go this should bring some heat.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
eddybo69
Road Master

I am already paralyzed from the neck up, so I will wear my helmet. If its gods will for me the rest of me to be paralyzed, so be it. At least what small sense I have will be preserved intact. I would rather have my faculties and be paralyzed than be a veggie. Even a slow speed accident with no helmet can make you a vegetable.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

Geez... there have been so many wrecks lately with a cager turning left and failing to see the biker.....I am at the point now, when I am in doubt if whether or not one sees me, I slow down and give them a couple of flashes with my highbeam/lowbeam....

Old 06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjmilez

Geez... there have been so many wrecks lately with a cager turning left and failing to see the biker.....I am at the point now, when I am in doubt if whether or not one sees me, I slow down and give them a couple of flashes with my highbeam/lowbeam....
9 times outta 10 they see ya,,,,,,,,,,,they just figure they out weigh a scoot.A$$HOLES[:@]

Quick Reply: Crash today (Crotch Rocket)