General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so many haters?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 09:46 PM
kuxika
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why so many haters?

Man I was reading a thread earlier I think it's which HD do you dislike the most? So many haters...hate the Rocker C don't consider it a Harley...hate the road glide (or similar) those are for old peeps...hate the sportsters they're girlie bikes...hate the vrod its a porsche not a harley...

okay everyone has pretty much given their opinion...let's try something different like why you hate the bike (any bike) and include a real experience not just your opinion...like...

I hate riding rockets or ones that are a 1000cc and over co'z I'm vertically challenged, when I'm stopped at the light I'm on my toes or leaning to one side.

Ya I ride a vrod alot of haters but hey its what fits me...I grew up as a kid with my uncles who intro'd me to the old school and my teen years were in the 90's so I'm stuck going back and forth from old school to new school...vrod old school brand with a new school twist...LMAO that's me!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Never Hated any of the 9 bikes I 've had...

Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My real experience is that I don't like the looks of the Road Glide and is why I wouldn't own one.

Call the people in the other thread haters if you like but the question was what Harley would you never want to own based on looks alone. People gave their opinions, some people laughed, some cried but in the end it was found that not everyone likes the same thing. Another episode of As The HD Forums Turns concluded and will be back on at the same time tomorrow.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 09-16-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
gill
Cruiser

I am also vertically challenged and cant stand being on my tiptoes at a stop light. So that rules out most of the big bikes for me. I will stick with my sporty and be secretly jealous when my a$$ hurts after a 100 miles and the full size bikes are just getting warmed up. But I will cover it up by making fun of the "old man" bikes. Its all good!

Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Wallaby
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't hate any HD's necessarily, just don't like Sportsters period, except XLCR's, don't go for V-Rods as they are too metric for me, looks and riding feel, and Glides have never idealized what HD's should look like to me. I am a Softail guy, and that's where it ends, so much so my next bike will most likely be a Rocker, possibly the most disliked of all HD's (I used to be in that camp myself). But after seeing what the Rocker guys have done to their rides, they really are a great custom platform for what I want a HD for and to do.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kuxika
Man I was reading a thread earlier I think it's which HD do you dislike the most? So many haters...hate the Rocker C don't consider it a Harley...hate the road glide (or similar) those are for old peeps...hate the sportsters they're girlie bikes...hate the vrod its a porsche not a harley...

okay everyone has pretty much given their opinion...let's try something different like why you hate the bike (any bike) and include a real experience not just your opinion...like...

I hate riding rockets or ones that are a 1000cc and over co'z I'm vertically challenged, when I'm stopped at the light I'm on my toes or leaning to one side.

Ya I ride a vrod alot of haters but hey its what fits me...I grew up as a kid with my uncles who intro'd me to the old school and my teen years were in the 90's so I'm stuck going back and forth from old school to new school...vrod old school brand with a new school twist...LMAO that's me!
Hmmm, the Harleys I like the least have only 1 fairly pitiful front disc brake. The ones I like even "leaster" would be the single up front disc with the leetle skeeny tires.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Centerline
Hmmm, the Harleys I like the least have only 1 fairly pitiful front disc brake. The ones I like even "leaster" would be the single up front disc with the leetle skeeny tires.
Dammit now you just offended me because my bike has 1 disc up front. I think I'm gonna start a new thread asking why all the haters in the "Why so many Haters" thread.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:14 PM
FXSTaCy
Cruiser

I love 'em all!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Dammit now you just offended me because my bike has 1 disc up front. I think I'm gonna start a new thread asking why all the haters in the "Why so many Haters" thread.

LOL

Old 09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I currently own 6 Harleys, and they all have their strong points and their weak points..

As far as owners of various Harley models bickering back and forth, there is an old Latin Saying that goes;

"Cornix Cornici Oculos Non Effodiet"

Which when translated goes something like;

"A Crow Doesn't Rip Out The Eyes Of Another Crow"

Just Sayin..........

Quick Reply: Why so many haters?