General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under Armour sweat wicking clothing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Columbia Titanium winter underwear is a far superior product, does everything under armour does, and is lighter and cheaper.
I have the shirt and the bottoms, and they work extremely well.
I rode with just the bottoms under my jeans (with no chaps) in 20 degree weather this past winter, and my legs were quite warm. You don't sweat in them either, as they breath just like the under armour.

around 40 bucks each at Gander Mountain.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

I use it under my dry suit while diving. Sweat is your enemy when stuck underwater for a few hours and this stuff works great. I use the Heat gear version though. Not cheap but worth the cost.

Price for the Columbia version seems about the same as the Coldgear version.

Last edited by rscalzo; 09-13-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
Columbia Titanium winter underwear is a far superior product, does everything under armour does, and is lighter and cheaper.
I have the shirt and the bottoms, and they work extremely well.
I rode with just the bottoms under my jeans (with no chaps) in 20 degree weather this past winter, and my legs were quite warm. You don't sweat in them either, as they breath just like the under armour.

around 40 bucks each at Gander Mountain.
My goal is to stay cool, not warm. By the way, these were less than $40 each by quite a bit. thanks Schu.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I believe you're talking about the Heat Gear, designed for wicking moisture away from the skin in hot riding conditions. They also make Cold Weather Gear and I've been using a 1/4 zip pullover for three years now and love the product. Its heavier and fits loose on me. When it starts to get chilly during a mountain ride, I throw it over my t-shirt. Works great!

I haven't tried the summer gear yet.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:04 AM
10ring
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heat Gear allows me to wear body armor when it's over 100° F without being totally soaked. It's good stuff.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:35 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
My goal is to stay cool, not warm. By the way, these were less than $40 each by quite a bit. thanks Schu.
oh.....well that's different

Old 09-13-2009, 12:44 PM
MaximusD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode all summer with the Harley wicking shirt under Tourmaster flow through jacket. I think it worked great. In 100 plus heat you are sweating and the shirt wicked it to the surface, and then the wind evaporated it through the jacket. Many times it felt like getting out of a pool. Sometimes the humidity was high and it did not work as well. You have to drink lots of water, dehydration will sneak up on you with this setup

Edit: It does start to smell, washed shirt everyday, jacket every 3-4 days.

Last edited by MaximusD; 09-13-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
anubisss
Banned

Okay people, I am back from the maiden voyage of this stuff. I am thoroughly impressed. When I left the house I wore the under armour (long sseeved), a t shirt over it, a hooded sweatshirt and a vest over that. Bear in mind that I sweat like a pig from walking across the street. I was actually quite cool all the way down to our destination with all this stuff on, and considering it is summer and all I normally wear is a t shirt, it has passed my test and will make it's way into my regular rotation.

the second part of the test was at midday leaving one destination and heading to another where it was even hotter. I wore all my sweatshirts and stuff again and still stayed cool. On the way home I wore just my vest a tshirt and the under armour to see what that was like. It was great. I felt cool the entire way.

Once again, I normally sweat like a pig just from rolling out of bed. I am going to be wearing this stuff quite often now I have a feeling. Might be making another trip back to the store for a few more items. Two thumbs up for sure.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Devil Dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear the t shirts under my armor every day and I will never go back to cotton t shirts again. I have tried them on the bike and it works there too. I was happy enough with the t shirts that I went and got some drawers. They make a big difference by the end of the day when your a$$ isn't sore from the cotton drawers rubbing. I like 'em!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:28 PM
anubisss
Banned

Originally Posted by Devil Dog
I wear the t shirts under my armor every day and I will never go back to cotton t shirts again. I have tried them on the bike and it works there too. I was happy enough with the t shirts that I went and got some drawers. They make a big difference by the end of the day when your a$$ isn't sore from the cotton drawers rubbing. I like 'em!

The boys didn't get sweaty all day long. A winner in my book for sure.

Quick Reply: Under Armour sweat wicking clothing...