General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never saw a bike hauled like this...on tractor trailer

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM
nighttraingirl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry, I don't have a picture. I really wanted to take one, but I was riding in the back of a mini van, ( yeah I took a short trip with my parents) and my camera wasn't handy. I never thought of the ramps up from the side of the rig... makes sense. That would be a long ramp, tho. I think that if the rig would have had a sleeper on it, the bike would have gotten squished in a turn.
On another note.... we went from almost MD border to midstate NY... My mom wouldn't let me help Dad with driving. I am 34 years old and Dad is 68 and he IMO should not be driving anywhere he is not familiar with...... He wanted me to drive, but Mom said no. LOL Mom has her license, but she does not drive. Hasn't for many years. I spent the whole time reading maps and trying to tell dad where to turn, WAY AHEAD...like hey Dad, in a mile, your gonna make a left. HEh.
NTGIRL

Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
jamesw
Road Warrior
Received 760 Likes on 279 Posts

We saw one in Ohio as we were headed West on 90.

The bike was a Dyna, slung right behind a double sleeper cab.

Looked like the expanded metal ramps were stored alongside the 5th wheel. They sure were not very wide, and it looked like it would be a rough pull on.

I wondered if the ramps were more like rails, and the bike mounted to a carriage and pulled up with something along the lines of a winch.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:52 PM
nighttraingirl
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't make a guess on what the bike was. It didn't take me as a Harley, in the brief glimpse that I had. If I had to guess, I'd say older Jap cruiser, Maybe a 750 - 1100. It wasn't a bagger, but it was not a really small bike, either.