General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is dealer still in buisness ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you're having a tough time getting in touch with them now, what happens in a month when you need some issues resolved on your new bike? find a dealer who will answer the phone and actually appreciate your business. as every one of us knows, you buy a harley, and for months you'll be back at the parts counter for all sorts of doo dads.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
if you're having a tough time getting in touch with them now, what happens in a month when you need some issues resolved on your new bike? find a dealer who will answer the phone and actually appreciate your business. as every one of us knows, you buy a harley, and for months you'll be back at the parts counter for all sorts of doo dads.
+1 on that.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:12 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

This dealer is up the road from me. The current owner bought the place a few years back and the place went from a friendly old school dealer to one of those dealerships like you read about in the "bad" dealer threads. I hear lots of bad experiences with salesmen there, and the employee turn over rate is high. I've seen them advertising for mechanics on Craigslist of all places.
I never go there anymore, but one thing I noticed, is they push all their bikes outside every day. I mean almost all of them. Rain or shine. I've driven by there on rainy days and there's a bunch of brand new Harleys sittin in the rain day after day.

Try Gengras in Hartford, or Tibbys in Springfield. Way better dealers IMHO

Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 AM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's just poor sales plan; get a warm body in the door and don't let you out. They know that their sales chances are very low when someone just calls for bike and price. I don't like dealers that do that, but on the other hand, I'm up front w/them as well and say, I'm pricing around and if you have the bike I want and the best price I've got my AX card in hand ready to give you a downpayment. Try that and they'll talk.