General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give me one good reason why no valid license

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:34 PM
lapisblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me one good reason why no valid license

Give me one good reason why a person wouldn't have a valid motorcycle license. I'm not talking about a suspended license for a reason. People on here have claimed no valid motorcycle license for 20 years or more. Is it because you can't find an hour of time to go down and take the test? Are you afraid you will fail the test? There is absolutely no reason not to have one. You shouldn't be able to drive away from a dealership on a motorcycle without first showing that license. You might as well give some people a loaded gun.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Give me one good reason why no valid license

There is no reason.......plus....no license......you are automatically at fault in ANY accident in many states and Mr. Insurance Man doesn't have to pay for your damage and is not liable for your brand new lawsuit either......because since you are unlicensed you are considered LEGALLY unqualified to ride!! plus it states clearly in his contract and your state motor vehicle laws that ALL this stuff applies ONLY to licensed operators.........all others fall into the lazy, stupid, arrogant stupid, stupid arrogant, arrogant arrogant, stupid stupid, moronic GUILTY category.

Other than that........who knows[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 11:02 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

ORIGINAL: lapisblue
People on here have claimed no valid motorcycle license for 20 years or more.

Maybe they could not pass the test or dont think they will get busted.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have valid driver's license, I had a valid motorcycle permit. I got tired of paying the $$$ to renew it every time I renewed my license. It is a money making scam and nothing more. Do not tell me that because you have one makes you a better rider. Wrong answer.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

Perhaps they don't have anyone to drive their bike down to the MVA or all the classes are filled up. It isn't a bad as offense as you say as it is only driving out of class and not driving without a license. 2 points versus 12 points in my state. Not that big a deal. I was driving 93 mph in a car in Virginia (65 mph zone) and had a court date and could have faced a year in jail and got a reckless driving ticket. Why would anyone drive 93 mph if they knew they could face a year in jail.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:17 PM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

There is no reason.......plus....no license......you are automatically at fault in ANY accident in many states and Mr. Insurance Man doesn't have to pay for your damage and is not liable for your brand new lawsuit either......because since you are unlicensed you are considered LEGALLY unqualified to ride!! plus it states clearly in his contract and your state motor vehicle laws that ALL this stuff applies ONLY to licensed operators.........all others fall into the lazy, stupid, arrogant stupid, stupid arrogant, arrogant arrogant, stupid stupid, moronic GUILTY category.

Other than that........who knows[sm=confused06.gif]
In Arizona before you can purchase a bike you have to show proof of insurance and a valid motorcycle license. Thats the way it should be.[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 11:17 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Sure it does, if you dump your bike at the testing station they fail you, if you can't weave between the markers they fail you, if you don't pass the written exam they fail you. You then leave and practice until you get it right. This makes you a better rider. I went down and got my license on the day I turned legal age. Before that I rode without a license, but this is only because I wasn't old enough to have one.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Yellotang

I have valid driver's license, I had a valid motorcycle permit. I got tired of paying the $$$ to renew it every time I renewed my license. It is a money making scam and nothing more. Do not tell me that because you have one makes you a better rider. Wrong answer.
No one said that made anyone a better rider.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eazy

No one said that made anyone a better rider.
My two minute mistake.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I got tired of paying the $$$ to renew it every time I renewed my license. It is a money making scam and nothing more. Do not tell me that because you have one makes you a better rider.

Your absolutely right about the better rider thing,but what is the fine for not having a valid MC licence?
The extra $15 every 4-7 years will not break me.!

Quick Reply: Give me one good reason why no valid license