General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no HD riders helped a fellow rider out

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karaokeman
Why did you take the bike and the Misses out when you knew the tire had a leak to begin with ??
unfortunatly i did not know till i finished at GM. and i did not drive to the gas station on a completly flat tire. there was enough air in the tire to roll at a slow speed 2 or 3 blocks away.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
48pan
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plain and simple, I stop every time regardless of rider, bike make, or signal or lack there of one. I've been on the side of the road and countless harleys have road by. I know how fustrating it can be. Can't rely on the cell phone, reception may be none or battery could be dead. I've been wrenching and riding on old harleys most of my life, know a lot about them but don't about evo's or newer. In the least I can lend support. Generally I ride alone so if I'm broke down I'm wrenching on the bike and don't have time to signal an approaching bike. I've stopped and will continue to stop whether it disrupts my ride or the ride of others I'm with, if it does then I'd rather not ride with them anyways. Never leave a rider behind.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 48pan
Plain and simple, I stop every time regardless of rider, bike make, or signal or lack there of one. I've been on the side of the road and countless harleys have road by. I know how fustrating it can be. Can't rely on the cell phone, reception may be none or battery could be dead. I've been wrenching and riding on old harleys most of my life, know a lot about them but don't about evo's or newer. In the least I can lend support. Generally I ride alone so if I'm broke down I'm wrenching on the bike and don't have time to signal an approaching bike. I've stopped and will continue to stop whether it disrupts my ride or the ride of others I'm with, if it does then I'd rather not ride with them anyways. Never leave a rider behind.

To me, THIS is the difference between a "biker", and a RUB or poser.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
sqdealgeorge
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Someone get Purplehaze out of bed ! NOW