General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley-X sunglass-goggles

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
GADave
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiley-X sunglass-goggles

Finally got my new pair of Wiley-X SG1's about a week ago. Got the ones with polarized gray and clear lenses. These are damn nice riding glasses. Keep the wind out, comfortable, fairly light weight, look decent. I really like them.

Only strange thing is the polarized lenses make a rainbow-like rim on the outside edge of my windshield. Not really bad - just odd. Otherwise I really like the anti-glare of polarized lenses.

Came with 2 straps, one normal glasses strap, one goggle-type strap if you take the ear pieces off.

All-in-all a very nice set of riding glasses for $125.

Dave from Georgia

Old 06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master
Default RE: Wiley-X sunglass-goggles

Polarized sunglasses will do that. Look at the back window of the car sometime. Once the glare is removed you can see all kinds of strange things. Once you go polarized you'll never go back.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a pair of the Wiley X last year with prescription lenses and have noticed the same thing with the polarization. They are comfortable and pretty well made too.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,915 Likes on 816 Posts

I love my SG-1s!!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 02:51 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member

I have Wiley - X glasses and one earpiece won't stay on the glasses!! I like them, but this issue with the earpiece is a drag. The dealership I bought them at basically told me it was my problem ........ not real happy about that!

But for quality they are fantastic.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:07 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been wearing a pair of Wiley-X w/prescription as my everyday glasses and riding glasses for over 12 months. I wear them about 12 hours a day in some pretty crappy conditions, lots of rain/mud/water in the winter, really hot/dusty in the summer. I have worn out a couple of straps, but the only repair I had to do to the glasses was superglue the foam back on the inside. The glue had loosened due to sweat and oil. The foam was still in good condition though. I consider them a prized possession, kind of like a good pocketknife, watch or comfortable wallet. Wouldn't be without them.
Dyna, I contacted Wiley-X on their website and they sent me the replacement straps both times. You may want to find that info on the little flier they put in the box and contact them. They were really nice to deal with and I think they went above and beyond the call, because I would have gladly paid for the straps but they sent them and paid shipping, etc.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:00 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

dgator: you would be interested to know there is a new Ural with sidecar here in St George, UT. It is black (no machine gun mount) and the owner paid about $8,000 for it. I did the VIN inspection Utah requires on new registrations. Very unusual bike.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dynachic. One earpiece won't stay on but for quality they're fantastic ?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They are fun. It is in constant need of attention, but it is all I got right now. I am trying to figure out a way to bring it home, but am running into brick walls everywhere I go. PS, I met my wife when I was at Dugway, she is Utah raised. Yall grow em good out there.

ORIGINAL: goodbirds

dgator: you would be interested to know there is a new Ural with sidecar here in St George, UT. It is black (no machine gun mount) and the owner paid about $8,000 for it. I did the VIN inspection Utah requires on new registrations. Very unusual bike.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
05Dynachic
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, I can still use the elastic ...... and I like the lenses on them... compared to what i'm wearing now! But the fact I can't use them as regular glasses bugs me!
hey, I'm a woman I can not make sense to others!! Its my right!!

ORIGINAL: whaap

Dynachic. One earpiece won't stay on but for quality they're fantastic ?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Quick Reply: Wiley-X sunglass-goggles