General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley-X sunglass-goggles

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wiley-X sunglass-goggles

I have used the Wiley-X for about 18 months. I purchased the set where the elastic attaches to the ear pieaces via a slot milled in the ear pieace itself. They came with both mirror blue and clear lens.

The only annoyance has been periodically having to super glue some of the gasket back to the frame when the ends of the gasket came loose.

Now, I beginning to notice what seems to be degradation in the gasket material itself. Much of the rebound it once had is gone, probably due to fatique over time. (I don't know if replacement gasket material is available or not)

Overall they've been great riding glasses and I would buy another pair.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Jip
Cruiser

I've got the XL-1s for riding and just ordered the Romer II for everday sunglasses and backup. Nice glasses.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
canuk cruiser
Cruiser

I love mine, the first glasses that doesnt let the wind bother my eyes!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:55 PM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dynachick, I used to be a dealer for Wiley X, they have great customer service. Call them direct, they will help you out. The dealer was being too lazy. www.wileyx.com

Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

has a question....

I just got a pair of XL-1's, and I can't get the lenses out of the damn things. It there a trick to popping out the "interchangable lenses"? It's to the point that I'll probably break the frame. Damn things didnt come with instructions, but it would stand to reason the lenses exit from the inside of the frames correct?? BTW....they arent that great for wind blockage. Luckily I got them off ebay for 35bucks, that makes them disposable...lol....

Old 06-15-2006, 02:04 AM
myzen
Road Captain

BlackOak, they are removed to the front. Grip the frame with one hand then using your thumb press gently from the back on the lens and it will pop out. The other lenses will snap right in. Do it a few times and it will become second nature. Secondly the only way they will block the wind properly is if they are snug around your eyes. Use a lanyard or strap to snug them up. If you have any other q's let me know.

Mike

Old 06-15-2006, 02:09 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

Appreciates Myzen!!

Thanks...I'll check em out when I get home!!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:21 AM
TRITON
Road Master

If you are new to polarized lenses, wait till the first time you pull up to the gas pump and the dispaly is balnk. When I got my first pair of polarized glasses, I pull up to the gas pump, do the whole pay at pump thing and stood there waiting for it to tell me what to do next. My buddy yells out the truck window, "what the hell are you waiting for". I yell back " the damn display is broke". So then he says, "take your glasses off idiot". Boy did I feel like a tool.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Soop
Novice

Ordered my SG-1s from Brian at Anytime Shades after reading about them in previous posts. Brian was great and was very helpful with my questions. I wear contacts and was concerned about wind. No problems so far. I have the smoke and clear lens glasses The smoke lens does a nice job in the bright sun. Good product, good price and good service.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:12 AM
BlackOak
Tourer

Hey MyZen....

Got them out and popped the clears in and didnt break them. Kudos to you for the help!! Mucho GrassyAss Senor'

Quick Reply: Wiley-X sunglass-goggles