General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet articles discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

I live in an free state. I am glad of that. Because if there were no laws, then people would have to do something to make helmets more appealing. Not like they're not doing it now, but back in the days when I started riding, helmets just plain sucked.

Doesn't mean anything when you have to have one. I see lots of riders down here riding with headgear, free state and all. Because that's what freedom is, Letting those who ride decide.

I have a Fulmer 3/4, that is really kind of kazoo, but I wear it when I am on the road, like the expressway or something. I figure that all that stuff up there might just do something in the event, so it doesn't bother me. I have had it up to 100 plus, no rise, no wind noise, and I can't even tell I am wearing it, as big as it is. Way better than the B-kewl half helmets that choke you at 80. I have tried my full face on the King, but it's not nearly as comfy as the 3/4 is. With the rest of the gear on, DOT helmets don't look so shroomy as you'd think. Most people are just too self conscious, like they looked in a circus mirror or something when they tried it on.

The most important thing is fit and comfort. If you want the wind in your face, you can't beat the 3/4. I'll take it over a half shell any day.