General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle shipping NIGHTMARE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Dyna925
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle shipping NIGHTMARE!!!!

Hey all, just curious if anyone else on here has had to have a motorcycle shipped. I bought a 2002 FXDXT from Ohio and I live in California. I went through Express Auto Transport to arrange shipping. They then lined up an outfit called Incognito Transport to do the delivery. It took Express 15 days to arrange a pickup, they (express) told me it takes 7-10 days. Then Incognito picked the bike up August 18th. I talk to the driver yesturday and he tells me he is still in Texas, and that they are going to have to unload my bike then reload it on another trailer (something Express prided themsleves on not ever doing). I just got a call that my bike should be delivered next Monday or Tuesday. So it took a total of 5 weeks to get my bike from Ohio to California. I could have walked there and pushed it back faster than that. Has anyone else ever had any horror stories on shipping motorcycles?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
rockDAWG
Road Captain

What did the contract say? I always use direct instead of middle man broker. Good luck.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Well, the time is almost behind ya. Lets hope that the bike is in the same condition you bought it in.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Bought the one I have now in N.C. and had it shipped to AZ. Used Federal and went smooth as silk (that's pretty smooth)!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
will227457
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what I would have done was buy a cheap plane ticket and ride it back myself....over a long weekend

Old 09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by IronAss
Bought the one I have now in N.C. and had it shipped to AZ. Used Federal and went smooth as silk (that's pretty smooth)!
I USED FEDERAL 4 YEARS AGO...florida to denver (2 weeks no problems)

las vegas to florida at end of trip (2 weeks- $1300 in front end damage) they sent me a check with in 10 business days.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Dyna925
Advanced
Default Yeah

I should have done a bit more research before I did this. I wish I had came across this forum before I bought the bike. The seller filled out a report stating any current damage and took pictures of it before it got loaded up. So I am not to worried about that, just waiting 5 freakin weeks to get my bike pisses me off. And I totally agree, never should have used the middle man. Never use Express Auto transport, their a joke!!! Live and learn I guess. looking forward to next Tuesday. Already have all the parts to put on it, so at least I won't have to wait on anything once I get it here.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 PM
tbrenan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went thru the HD contracted mover here in Canada, had to virtually beg them to take my money, called the U.S. HOG to get action, then found out I could have hired the mover myself and saved a couple of hundred dollars, BUT had to push them to deliver the bike on time, would do it again but keep all control under my thumb.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
CouchMaster
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dyna925
Hey all, just curious if anyone else on here has had to have a motorcycle shipped. I bought a 2002 FXDXT from Ohio and I live in California. I went through Express Auto Transport to arrange shipping. They then lined up an outfit called Incognito Transport to do the delivery. It took Express 15 days to arrange a pickup, they (express) told me it takes 7-10 days. Then Incognito picked the bike up August 18th. I talk to the driver yesturday and he tells me he is still in Texas, and that they are going to have to unload my bike then reload it on another trailer (something Express prided themsleves on not ever doing). I just got a call that my bike should be delivered next Monday or Tuesday. So it took a total of 5 weeks to get my bike from Ohio to California. I could have walked there and pushed it back faster than that. Has anyone else ever had any horror stories on shipping motorcycles?
Incognito got mine here overnight - granted it was only 500+ miles but they sure did me good!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Dyna925
Advanced

Yeah, just my F***ing luck!!

Quick Reply: Motorcycle shipping NIGHTMARE!!!!