General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Used or Seen a Hypercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:15 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

JUNK! pure and simple.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend that has one on his Yamaha V Star 1100, he loves it, I met a guy on a Harley a few years ago that had one on his RK he loved it. I read an article about a year ago in I think it was American Bagger Mag. anyway It was about an intake system made by K&N, to find it on their site I had to put in the part number listed in the article, anyway the really like that one, you might try and find some more info about it if you are after performance, it seams like they said 10% increase.
Terry

Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
BIMC Stinger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one on my old bike and was impressed with the instant performance boost I got. Of course I had to jet the carb etc. Which wasn't a huge deal for me to do, but lord knows it's not the most fun thing to do. But all in all I like them. Like said before, they are not the BEST performance upgrade out there and you will probably get more performance out of the big sucker or other intakes.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser

Originally Posted by lacctv_com
Has Anyone Used or Seen a Hypercharger.
I would like to have your thoughts about it its made by KURYAKYN

Thinking of getting it and need some input on what might be a better option.
Thanks people RIDE WELL
I've got it with the red butterflies and I like it, not sure of the performance but I think the extra chrome adds a few hp to the rear wheel.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one on my 90 UC and love it. I put it on when I changed to basani 2:1 exhaust and it works great. Anything you do to help the engine breathe is generally good since the factory does everything possible to choke them out for the EPA. I have found mine durable and easy to clean. It uses a K&N filter element and I have used those on many applications with success. The throttle plates keep a good bit of the water out when it rains as long as you aren't gunning it. When going down the road at a normal speed, the plates are mostly closed, they open when you jam on the throttle to let in more air. Not sure why so many don't like them, but I found it to be a very good match to my exhaust. Still get 42-43mpg and the pair greatly improved performance. BTW - I am not a show-chrome person, I was after reliability and performance and it worked out well for my older bike.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Bonesbike1
Cruiser

I've had six of them on various WG's and Night Trains over the years. Kury quality is top notch in my book. The Hyper-charger itself doesn't add to your performance that I could ever tell but it looked cool. It has a small K&N filter that needs to be serviced every oil change because it collects lots of bugs and crap in it. It's one of the neatest "bling" items you can put on your bike. IMO

Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes - I've seen them.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

How do you keep the bugs out of that thing.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Had one on an 01 Vulcan 1500 FI, the stock air box was huge because the dual throttle bodies were on the right and they put the air filter on the left, I cut it out and put on a Hyper Charger along with a PCIII the bike came to life, I already had some V&H long shots,,, can I say the HC upped the horsepower I truly believe it did in combo with the pipes and PC, she was fairly stout after that compared to stock with just the V&H,,,, only complaint I had was the HC stuck out fairly far and it did create leg interference, but it was something I could live with, it did look nice on that bike, really that old Vulcan was a damn good bike, put 28K on her before I sold it.

I've got a Ness big sucker on my RK with the stage II K&N air filter, I prefer the round look on my Harley and the performance is good too, I also like the looks of the HC on bar hoppers and custom bikes.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:22 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can use a rain sock or say the hell with it and just clean em out when the filter needs cleaning, it will catch them, but not as bad as one would think, but I guess it depends on what type of bug country you live,,,,, don't know about going through a mayfly swarm here in the south though that might clog up the damn thing.

Originally Posted by wlbowers
How do you keep the bugs out of that thing.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Used or Seen a Hypercharger