General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian "Cash for Clunkers"

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,147 Likes on 7,349 Posts
Default Indian "Cash for Clunkers"

I just received this in an email from Indian today.

I would love to see Harley offer a program like this about now.

A lot of business articles we read talk about how "times are tough in the motorcycle industry". But negative people have been around forever, creating fear, general paralysis and not doing anyone any good.

It's been proven over and over again that tough (and enlightened) people outlast tough times. We know that our fellow Indian aficianados are among the toughest folks out there. And we strongly believe that times like these call for Leadership, not moaning & groaning.

That's why we at Indian Motorcycle Charlotte are excited to introduce you to two money-saving new programs to get your hearts, minds and motorcycle-riding bodies out of the doldrums and into the wind.

These are limited time deals that can save you thousands of dollars on a fabulous new, factory-fresh 2009 Indian Chief. By now you've heard and read about how enthusiasts across the country (and globe) are praising the quality, performance and beauty of the new Indian Chiefs. If you haven't ridden one yet, this is your perfect excuse...if you need one!

Our dealership, the Indian Motorcycle flagship, is pleased to announce the "Indian Cash for Clunkers" program. Any street-legal bike over 100 cc that runs will be worth $3,000 as a trade-in bonus toward a new 2009 Indian Chief. (No mopeds, scooters or dirt bikes).

No clunker, but want to trade up? No problem. We'll give you $3,000 over the NADA trade-in value of your bike when you purchase a new 2009 Indian Chief by October 30, 2009.

No trade? Indian just introduced the "It Pays to Ride" program. We will make your first 6 monthly payments up to a maximum of $500/month. This program expires September 30, 2009 so we'd suggest you decide now to take advantage.

Also, the mind-numbingly awesome Indian Chief Bomber and Indian Chief Dark Horse models are now on our showroom floor. Stop & take a look. You won't believe your eyes.

Take my word for it: There's never been a better time to own a legendary new 2009 Indian Chief. Once you get your hands on one, you'll never let go!

Look forward to seeing you soon,

Mark Moses

NEW: "INDIAN CASH FOR CLUNKERS" PROGRAM
A Generous Trade-In Bonus Program To Upgrade Your Ride & Your Life, Starting NOW at Indian Motorcycle Charlotte!

Get $3,000 bonus trade-in credit toward purchase of any new 2009 Indian Chief

Here's how the Indian Cash for Clunkers program works:

1) Good on any "running & rideable" street legal motorcycle

2) 100 cc or larger--No mopeds, scooters or dirt bikes

3) Trade in "clunker" motorcycle must have clear title

4) For newer model trade-ins, we will give you $3,000 above the NADA trade-in value and pay off/rollover your existing loan balance.

5) This offer cannot be combined with or used in conjunction with any other offers from Indian Motorcycle Company.

The Rules: This program is offered by Indian Motorcycle Charlotte and Indian Motorcycle Company. Offer is based on approved credit and purchase of any new 2009 Indian Chief Motorcycle, delivered by October 30, 2009 or special orders placed and financed by October 30. Offer may not be combined with any previous or current promotion program. Indian Motorcycle reserves the right to alter or terminate this program at any time at their sole discretion. Program expires October 30, 2009 .

Old 09-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I got that email, too. With the base model 2010 Indian Chief only being $25,999, that's a hell of a deal.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I hope it helps them get sales rolling. They didn't pick the best time to get back into the market.
I've looked at them and liked what I saw. I have no intention of buying another bike before I check out but if I did I would consider one.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 665 Likes on 414 Posts

Indian motorcycles are a bit too expensive for the average joe, but I commend them for this marketing program. It will definitely draw attention. Other manufacturers will follow suit.

I want to buy a new bike, but dealer wholesale trade allowances are a joke, and I don't have the time to sell my bike. I like Indian's program for newer model trade-ins ($3,000 above NADA trade-in value). If Harley offered this deal, I'd buy a new bike today.

Hopefully, the MoCo is listening.

Last edited by Geoff; 09-01-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I reaaaaaaaaally wish MoCo offered something like that. I'd bet sales would really pick up.. but with Indian's motorcycles costing $27k+, I'd say they can take a $3,000 hit or $3,000 over KBB.

But thats cool they are doing that. I hope they pull through with this garbage going on these days.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tell you what, that Indian Chief Bomber is pure sex on two wheels. Love the vintage cues of this bike:
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/TheM...5/Default.aspx

Old 09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Only problem is I would have to buy a Indian to have something to trade in

Old 09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy Heck, I thought Harley's pricing was out of their mind. I would hate to see what the Electra Glide equivalent of an Indian would cost? 40,000?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Think this is an awesome idea from Indian but like mentioned before... they probably have the room in their margins to eat the $3,000. Has a lot of potential to be helpful.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Very beautiful bikes, but very overpriced as well. Still would love to have one though.

Quick Reply: Indian "Cash for Clunkers"