General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Young girl,Daddy's SUV,cellphone and 1 biker

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:48 AM
sandsucker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Glad you weren't hit. I wish cell phone's were illegal to use while driving.
Illegal to use while driving or text while driving in California. Up to $800 fine for first offense.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It's only going to get worse,we all have our own horror stories to tell.I average 200 miles per day on all types of local roads, and could write a book on the idiots I deal with everyday.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:14 AM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ncsportsman
Raleigh NC Sunday,9am, I-440 Speed limit 60,I'm doing 60 2 lanes over from right. Young girl in white suv on cell phone passes me 2 lanes over on my left doing probably 70. I guess she was going to miss her exit so she came across all the lanes into my lane. I swerved and here she came again. I had to take to exit ramp she wanted to keep from getting wiped out. She missed the exit. Needless to say, she was gone by the time I came down the ramp (above the speed limit) to see if she was around so I could wave at her and tell her just how nice of a young lady she is.
Wish I could have got the tag so I could contact Daddy and tell him how much attention his little girl is paying while she was in his 30k toy. I hope she p'd herself,like I almost did.
Guns don't kill people. Women on cell phones kill.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DAMMT Glad you are here to post.

Well, OBVIOUSLY, once again, LEGISLATION (more laws), is NOT the answer. It is illegal here, for kids to use the cell whilst driving. All you need to do, is go sit by the school, when they let out.

EDUCATION. And it HAS to start at the kitchen table. W/O that, ALL the laws in the world, are going to make "0" difference. IF they are NOT taught 'respect' at the kitchen table, where in the H*LL do you think they are going to "find" it, when they get behind the wheel ???

Sunday, heading North on 65 (4 lane divided), Momma and I ride side by side, I ride on the left.
We're doing about 65-70. I "live" in my rear view. Gold colored Hummer, pulling a trailer with 4 wheelers is doing 75 or so, passing us. As he comes alongside, his right front wheel is LESS THAN inches, from my left foot on the fwd controls, and he's STILL coming over (drifting over, NOT 'pulling over'.) LUCKILY he waoke the "F" up, and pulled back into his lane BEFORE Momma and I were run off the road.

Troy, behind us, saw the whole thing. Guy was eating McD's, AND ON THE FRIGGIN' PHONE, at the same time, hurddlin' down the highway in a HUMMER, NO HANDS ON THE WHEEL !!!! And he had to be 40+. THIS IS WHY it isn't taught at the kitchen table. Some of the "teachers" are DUMMMMMR than the kids!!!!!

That video that was floating around last week, should be shown in school, EVERY morning, right AFTER the li'l bastuds get done with the "Pledge of Allegiance".

YET another 'example' of the "teachers" ignorance:
Last spring, in White Bear Lake, 17 yr old, PLOWS into the back of a full school bus, stopped, WITH lights flashing, AND "stop" arm out. She NEVER even touched the brakes.(Several witnesses FOLLOWING her, plus ALL the kids on the bus saw it) Luckily (I guess), she was not seriously hurt (car went UNDER the bus). BUT the BEST part??? There was Mommy and Daddy, ON TV, "Oh Honey, don't be too upset, it was JUST AN ACCIDENT."

ACCIDENT MY AZZ !!!! When you FAIL to see a GIANT YELLOW BLDG with FLASHING RED LIGHTS, what chance does even a 'bagger' have????
IT'S "ignorance", NOT an accident.

It's ALL 'bout ME. And when you finally get done "BEOTCHING" at me for my inexcusable driving, GUESS WHAT?? IT WILL STILL BE ABOUT ME !!!! SO, "F" off.

And yes, I see the LEOs on 'em, all the time. So I guess it is sorta the "do as I say, NOT as I do"
IMFUO, when 'the kids' see Maw and Paw, and the LEOs usin' the dammt things, WHY NOT ???

Old 09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldbagr
I used to think that they were just ignorant and/or stupid but, after seeing how aggressive these young lady drivers are, I think they just don't give a **it; they are used to drivers letting them squeeze in at the last minute and they could care less how it impacts you.

BINGO!!!

You got it exactly,

They do not stop at Stop Signs, they plow through Red Lights, they are idiots,

Old 09-02-2009, 11:44 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Every time I see a driver talking on the cell including just a few minutes ago walking back to my office, I give them my MIDDLE FINGER and tell them to get off the phone. They go, "Hey, What was that for ?". This goes how dumb and ignorant they are by looking at me and holding the cell at the same time. DUH !?!.

If I had it my way...I'd shoot 'em down and say, "This is what you get when you're on the cell !".

Good, Bad and Ugly,

Thorey

Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by MaroSteve
that wouldn't stop 90% of the morons
100% agree...

Even saw a fellow rider last week going down the street with his head bent over sideways holding a phone between his shoulder and ear as we passed through an intersection.

Just don't understand why people that do such stupid things..

Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 PM
POPS87FXR
Tourer
Default Cell Phones @#%*&#

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Yesterday, I had a young lady start to pull over into my lane right next to me without looking. She was dialing her phone. Quickly reved my motor and she looked up right at me, but just kept coming over. Luckily I had room to change lanes. I seriously think they are in some type of cell phone zombie state when driving.

Oor they are already in it and the cell just locks them down.

Maybe someone should come up with a cell jammer that only would allow a 911 call, it would activate as soon as the car started.....wishful thinking on my part.

Oh new stupid Law.
As of Sept 1 here in TX using a cell in a school zone is now against the law statewide, but the law cannot be enforced if there is not a sign posted stating the fines.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:16 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oct1949
100% agree...

Even saw a fellow rider last week going down the street with his head bent over sideways holding a phone between his shoulder and ear as we passed through an intersection.

Just don't understand why people that do such stupid things..
NOW THATS JUST PLUM STUPID. here we are talking about how you need to be extra careful to watch for the cagers and an idiot on 2 wheels mimmicks the caged animals...geeeesh