General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Young girl,Daddy's SUV,cellphone and 1 biker

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 08:06 PM
oldjoe
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen that happen plenty of times fortunately alway able to avoid it, look for it now. But the one thing I don't understand are the guys on the crotch rockets riding and texting at the same time.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats an everyday ocurrence on my way to work here in Miami.....Glad that you are ok..

Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oldjoe
Seen that happen plenty of times fortunately alway able to avoid it, look for it now. But the one thing I don't understand are the guys on the crotch rockets riding and texting at the same time.
are you shitting me? I cant see riding and using the phone at all. I did it once, only because I was behind a drunk driver who ran 2 people off the road, we were only going 15mph for 5 miles. The 911 operator said "what are you driving Sir" I told him " a red kawasaki" he said "WHAT?" I explained I am only going 15 mph, and i may have to lose the phone in a hurry if I got to do something in a hurry. I would gladly lose my AT&T tilt before I lose my bike and my life. Phone call lasted about 40 seconds.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

40 and 440 are bad news for bikes, not real safe for cars, people up there drive like idiots. I try to stay well away from cars as a rule, like to keep them as far away as I can.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM
p.o_o.h
Advanced

Perhaps she purposefully miss the exit after seeing you swerve? lol

Old 09-01-2009, 08:25 PM
CMac
Cruiser
Location: Armpit of the Free World (Washington, DC metro area)
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Yesterday, I had a young lady start to pull over into my lane right next to me without looking. She was dialing her phone. Quickly reved my motor and she looked up right at me, but just kept coming over. Luckily I had room to change lanes. I seriously think they are in some type of cell phone zombie state when driving.
i would have followed this stupid ¢unt all the way to where ever she was going and punched her in her fat, phuqing ignorant face! twice!

i really hope all these jackasses die horrible deaths before they kill the rest of us.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Glad you weren't hit. I wish cell phone's were illegal to use while driving.
This would keep 86.3% of the female population from driving. Sometimes, I really think their routine is open the door, sit in the car, stick the key in the ignition, get on the phone, and then start the car.
Don't hang up before you get wherever you want to go.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ridewva
Glad you weren't hit. I wish cell phone's were illegal to use while driving.
It is illegal in NY, but the law has very limited impact. Every single day I see several people driving like complete ******** while talking on their cell phones. Openly, blatantly, in complete violation of the law.

I'm not the "law and order" type, but I think maybe the penalties need to be enhanced. It's a $100 fine for talking on the cell while driving. I think it should be a $1,000 fine, and if you hit someone, a felony. Seriously. A few people sentenced to 10 or 20 years for hitting someone while talking on their damm cell phone, and I betcha things will start to change.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
happycampinman
Cruiser

Most people just dont give a **** when they drive, On the phone, eating, reading the paper. You are in there way and for the most part they could care less about anybody else.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:35 AM
russell6hp
Tourer

Enforcement is the biggest problem because most of the Law Officers are just as guilty for the use also

Boy, ain't that the truth. Raleigh/Winston-Salem is terrifying in the truck, I don't have the nuts to try it on the bike!

Quick Reply: Young girl,Daddy's SUV,cellphone and 1 biker