General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Choices, everything relately the same

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 07:03 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You can not go wrong with any one of them, It has to be personal preference.Sit on them ,see if you can ride them.Nothing rides like the touring bikes.I went in to buy Heritage ,ended up buying EG classic.Glad I did ,but that is just me .Good luck

Old 08-30-2009, 09:20 PM
MeanJimm
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.......... for the info......

Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Tough choice here.....

....my first choice for Harley was going to be a Softail. Eventually I decided on the Touring framed rKC and have not had one regret for my choice. I chose the RK Classic because I wanted white walls and leather bags. Some find those a distraction, others don't.

Good luck.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:22 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Alway wanted a Heritage's. So Yep I'm partial.

It sits a little lower, (+1), I've read post that says U sit on a Tour and in a Softy.

Wife dislikes the hard bags and batwings. Loves the leather and windshield. +

(Had to get) the rear touring seat, backrest, & floorboards. now she can go 2-4 hrs almost daily easy. The stock 07 pads sucked,

Ride is fine for us. my 280 and her 115, had the shocks tightened for 275#'s at 1k and she very rarely ever bottoms out. Only on really bad RR's or chuck holes...Usually two up at least 90% of the time.

Bought new in May 07, put on 23k and still going..

Her MS limits where we can go.

We don't do trips, usually 100 miles most,The bags are not huge but we can take everything we have wanted to.

added thumbnails of her pads on rear.

Attached Thumbnails Choices, everything relately the same-dsc00143.jpg   Choices, everything relately the same-dsc00139.jpg  

Last edited by oct1949; 08-30-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Fogoms
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Heritage.

Good: It fits me perfectly, lots of room in the soft bags, comfy for both the rider and passenger.

Bad: It really could use double disk brakes up front.

Ugly: Studs, conchos and tassel-like leather thingys hanging down from everywhere.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

They call it a road king for a reason.

I had a softail and traded up to an RKC and love it. It's heavier but soooo much smoother when clocking miles and handles great at speed. I love the classic look with the saddle bags. The spokes and the white walls had to go. Too much to keep clean. Great touring bike and when you pop the windshield off it turns instanly into a cruiser. The RKC has a shorter seat height to the standard RK which worked great for me.

The Heritage is a great bike but if your going to be clocking miles with the Mrs. on the back, get the touring bike. Remember, if she's not happy, I gaurantee she won't let you be. Oh ya, you'll need a new seat right away

Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Ride the all and them determine which one you like the best.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The Touring models handle like a dream, very smooth and can carry more weight/load which will help for those longer trips. To me the hard bags are just awesome - weatherproof, hold ALOT OF STUFF and lockable to keep the honest people honest. I also love the "convertible" aspect of the RK over the Glides cuz taking that windshield off instantly makes it a completely different bike for shorter distance rides and cruising.

I've put 21k on my RK and couldn't be happier.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:55 PM
woodtick50
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 1,198 Likes on 647 Posts

i still like the rkc, have had mine for 5 years, and would replace it with the same.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

I ride a Train which obviously suits my riding style...but I have a couple of friends, one with a Road King and the other a Heritage Classic, and we swap bikes from time to time just for the chance to ride something different...when I'm on the Road King, I feel like my head and my *** is up in the clouds, way too high for my liking, and I feel like I'm straddling a boat...I sit down in the Heritage, and it feels and handles way more stable and comfortable for my taste...try them all out and get what feels right to YOU...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 09-12-2009 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Choices, everything relately the same