General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baxley vs. Kendon trailer???

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 03:59 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Baxley vs. Kendon trailer???

Hey everyone,

I am in need of a trailer and since I am going to get one for general purpose things I am going to go ahead and get one for hauling a bike while I am at it. I am between the Baxley trailer and the Kendon 2 place folding trailer. The Baxley has an advantage because it lowers totally to the ground to load but it is over $6k with the rockguard and wheel chocks. The Kendon is good because it can fold up against a garage wall(if I had the wall space to do it which right now I don't) and it is around $2500 with the rockguard. I will likely let a friend use this trailer to go to the sturgis next year(I'm gonna ride again unless I have a reason not to) but there may be a few trips where I'll go out of town with the family and trailer it along for a ride every once in a while. I was looking to see if anyone has any feedback on either trailer? I'm leaning towards getting the kendon and seeing if I can put a set of baxley wheel chocks on the front. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

buy the cheaper one and send the rest of money i saved you to me

Old 08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Neither of these choices has what I would look for in a trailer. We have a couple down here that look like they carry 3 bikes but the center position is only used when carrying a single bike for balance.

Other than that I like the Baxter, 920lbs vs 400lbs. Just seems to be better built. A friend had a Kendon and it was light and maneuverable but he didn't trust it with two dressers on it. He sold it and bought an enclosed.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Kendon is a pain to get a dresser up by yourself. Takes 2 to do it safely. It goes up on a rial and there is no place to put your feet if you have to stop while loading it. You would fall over. So you can not ride on to load. I have the single trailer and it is very stable when going down the road. You can not back up with it. The tongue is to short and not stearable in reverse. I do love that it stores in the garage. I live in one of those subdivisions where you can not park a trailer. If I could I would have a enclosed trailer.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
aamotorsports
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the Baxley trailer and it is definately worth the money. Ease of loading is extraordinary and the trailer hauls greats

Old 08-27-2009, 08:56 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

I have a single rail Kendon. I can tell you that it is very lightweight, and handy if it spends most of the time on it's tail against the wall in the garage. They take up very little space. JKoch is right, it's pretty difficult to back the little fella. And you can't see it at all behind you unless there is a bike onboard. Mine tends to sway a little bit above 65 mph. All in all, mine is perfect for what I need.

Oh, incidentally, I load my Ultra by myself. I ride it on, very carefully. Getting it back off the trailer is harder, I like to have someone help me with that.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2 place Kendon, and other than hauling the kids dirt bike, it hasn't been used. FWIW when I did have need to use it, it performed fine. Unless your planning on major hauling, I'd go with the cheaper of the 2.

Respects,
Ed

Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
JoesGlide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy just bought an enclosed 6x10 and fabricated the interior to haul his Ultra. Rear ramp door and another side door. I have been looking at a 6x12 with tandem axle for the same purpose. There is a place in Georgia off I-75 that has a ton of enclosed trailers of all makes reallly cheap.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a diamondback trailer, I really like it, very sturdy, tilts with shocks for easy loading.
I am probubly going to sell it this year as I have not used it at all since our last vacation, but it is a great trailer

Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 PM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I used my Kendon single rail to go from Louisiana to the Smokies . I put some new 6 ply tires on it and packed the bearing good , other than loading and unloading , I have a Heritage , it worked perfectly but due to the fact that it is so hard to load and unload by yourself I am going to sell it . Not worth taking a chance on dropping my Harley while loading and unloading just to have a small light trailer , someone will get a good deal on it .

Quick Reply: Baxley vs. Kendon trailer???