General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baxley vs. Kendon trailer???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 AM
05heritage
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Baxley single bike model and it is great. I can easily load and unload my Ultra Limited without help. I bought mine used.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 AM
BikerJoe
1st Gear
Default Trailers

After much investigation, I purchaced an "Aluma MC100" trailer. Easy to load/unload with wide ramp included. With live axel it trailers great and sells for approx. $2100. Also comes with a 5 year warranty. Look into this before you decide. Hope this helps. Biker Joe

Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Garinsr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD JAKE, pm me with a price.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
BikerJoe
1st Gear
Default Baxley vs. Kendon trailer???

Been where you are. I'd suggest you google "ALUMA" trailers. I bought one last month and trailered from Atlanta to Virginia. All aluminum with a full ramp and torsion axel. This could be the third option for you. I purchased mine at Country Boy Trailers 770-887-8508. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

$6,000 for the Baxley?!?! This is insane.
I've used the Kendon duo several times and it's a good trailer once moving but a PITA to load and unload a bike by yourself. In fact, I wouldn't even try to do it without help. The ramp is ridiculously narrow and doesn't allow you to ride your bike onto the trailer, because there's no room to plant your feet.
If you hesitate between the Baxley and the Kendon, considering the huge price difference between the 2, look at Aluma and particularly their folding trailers. MC1F and MC2F. They're 100% aluminum (extra light), won't rust (unlike the Kendon) and they have a ramp as wide as the trailer

http://www.alumaklm.com/mc2f_folding...e_trailer.html

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
Hey everyone,

I am in need of a trailer and since I am going to get one for general purpose things I am going to go ahead and get one for hauling a bike while I am at it. I am between the Baxley trailer and the Kendon 2 place folding trailer. The Baxley has an advantage because it lowers totally to the ground to load but it is over $6k with the rockguard and wheel chocks. The Kendon is good because it can fold up against a garage wall(if I had the wall space to do it which right now I don't) and it is around $2500 with the rockguard. I will likely let a friend use this trailer to go to the sturgis next year(I'm gonna ride again unless I have a reason not to) but there may be a few trips where I'll go out of town with the family and trailer it along for a ride every once in a while. I was looking to see if anyone has any feedback on either trailer? I'm leaning towards getting the kendon and seeing if I can put a set of baxley wheel chocks on the front. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.