General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Dropped my Bike...the Saga Ends!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
tinman67
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I manage an HVAC buisiness and I cannot imagine treating a customer in this manner. Sure, there are a few that are out to scam you, and you have to draw the line somewhere, but it does not sound as if you were asking anything that should not be expected of a company who offers good service. Our motto is "Exceptional People, Exceptional Service" and in economic times when many of our competitors are closing their doors, we are doing well, and I might add that we are by far not the least expensive company in our area.

If you did have a bad attitude going in, it was their fault, and they should have gone out of their way to make sure you left with a positive attitude towards their buisiness.

Just my opinion, but it seems to work.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:48 PM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

As a bussiness man I can understand but when somebody screws something up you have to eat it up and go out of your way to correct the problem There is scammers but you can feel them out and just call them out. I am just tired of the dealers noing they have you by the ***** and think they are hot ****. More power to you to put that dealer on the web and make them defend themselves. Thanks for the wonderfull post and keep them coming

Old 08-29-2009, 08:30 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Roosterboots
To all...Schoolbus has a point. I encourage you to go to Chunky River Harley Davidson for yourself. Make your own evaluation. Do not rely upon my account as your sole source of information. While you are there, spend money at the parts counter...those guys are top-notch!

To the employees of Chunky River Harley Davidson...please refrain from attempting any further ad hominem retribution. The timing of your account creation dates coincide with Mrs. Le Fevre's notification of the problem. You use language that makes it easy to determine who you are. You demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of the contents of the two threads on this issue. All that, and the fact that you appear to have waited patiently for over two months (gritting your teeth, flexing your furious knuckles) before finally sending your first ever post on this forum...it all adds up to a badly-done hatchet job.

I will not ask the moderators to sanction Schoolbus and Geez Glide 56. If they are, indeed, who I think they are then they are merely trying to protect their jobs by pleasing the boss. If, instead, they are genuine citizens who are completely outraged by the thought of anyone writing bad stuff about the most wonderful Harley Davidson dealership in the entire world, then I say, "Wake up!" Bad stuff happens. It's how a business handle those setbacks that ultimately decides whether customers will ever come back for an oil change, a new tire, or a pair of boots.

Hey Rooster,Did I read where you live around Union? I went to Country day there last weekend,had a blast.There were a lot of nice bikes there.Was yours one of them?There were some pretty neat cars there too.We had a great time. The ride over was super. After we left there we took 15 to Philly,went to the flea market and Williamsville.You seem to be a pretty crafty ole fellow,yep I ride a Harley-Davidson so naturally I would find a lot of interesting stuff on the H-D forum,I kind of wonder how many other people joined the H-D forums yesterday? I sure as heck don't work for Chunky River. If I did I would bring their side of the story to the forum.But my nose is itching like crazy, Mind if I ask some of the guys down there what happened. I like to hear both sides of the story before I choose any sides,that is if I choose anyone's side at all. As far as Chunky River employees go I can't say that I have had any problems with any of them,They sure have a lot more patience than I do,as working with the public is not easy ,especially when their toys are't running right or broken. God bless the patient people. I had to laugh when I read where you won't ask the moderators to sanction me or schoolbus. I have to ask why would you? Have I done anything to insult you? Did I break any forum rules? Have a good one. Nothing gets any more smiles per gallon than a Harley Peace!