General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Dropped my Bike...the Saga Ends!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
HDXXX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typical service. What did you expect? The good dealers are the exception not the norm these days. I hate taking my bike to the dealer. Try and do everything myself.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,043 Likes on 7,312 Posts

I am very sorry to hear about your ordeal. I have been through similiar situations before (only not as bad) and they are no fun. They try your patience and in the end there is nothing you can say or do but bend over.

I was in that dealership last year on a trip to New Orleans and bought a shirt from them. I was not real impressed with the dealership and will pass them by in the future.

Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the sale of the bike.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:07 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"alot of those good old boys were still fighting the war."

These "good old boys" would serve themselves better with the understanding that THESE DAYS they should be fighting for their JOBS! A lot of folks in this world understand that fact and poor customer service compounded by incompetence and arrogance is not a way to succeed in the sales business.

Their own insurance should have covered a loaner.

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 08-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

All the support I've experienced from the people on this forum makes it a pleasure to sit down and read. The only real flame I've been hit with so far is from that NITWIT FROM BILOXI who said I has a Yankee (spit!) accent. You are mistaken, sir, and I take umbrage! I would challenge your honor if it weren't for this damned cowardice that's been plaguing me of late.

Old 08-26-2009, 12:00 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is terrible customer service.

I used them once when my '05 had the dreaded valve stem problem and everyone in Jackson was gone to Sturgis. They fixed my bike and it seemed they did a good job but did not do what I asked (long story).

Glad you finally got it back.....

Old 08-26-2009, 01:04 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Terrible service for sure.
Been in that position myself, time to get it fixed right and get on with your life.
I'd send them a bill for fixing whatever isn't right, don't expect them to pay.

BTW, I just left a message on their guestbook and encourage others to do the same.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:48 PM
jessemoya
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
It's easier to run a business when things go right. The measure of a business is how they handle things when they go wrong. Your dealership sounds like they suck big time.
I will forever remember the local GMC dealer that got a finger print on the cloth seat of my Yukon during an oil change. When I mentioned it, they said they would take care of it. When they brought my truck back they had completely detailed the thing inside & out. It cost them a little, but I have probably told that story a 100 times.
Your dealer could have taken advantage of a bad situation by going above & beyond & gotten some real good word of mouth advertising. Instead they shoot themselves in the foot.
I am continuously astonished that something like this is not common knowledge. I've driven extra miles and paid 5-10% more for things because of the trust for and loyalty to those who put effort into showing appreciation for my business.

On the other side: the dealership that's a quarter mile from my work? They surprised me by sending me a 15% off coupon for my birthday this month, but even that is too little, too late. Screw them. They don't get a 5th chance to win me back.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"

Scott - after reading your post for the 15th time, I FINALLY figured out that you're asking whether I sound like a yankee to the folks at CRHD. In fact, I haven't noticed any accent problem there at all. The service dept is headed up by a retired Navy Senior Chief, and 20 years on carriers will go a long way toward smoothing out accents. I don't have an accent, so to a yankee I sound a little like a rebel, and to the locals I sound like the Channel 11 Weatherman (a little quirk that can get you a free meal at Outback if you play it right...NOT THAT I EVER DID THAT).

Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
Hmmm. Our sales lady always remembers our names, sends us a Christmas card, gives us her car keys when we're in there for service and never tries to sell us another bike. She always makes us feel like we're the only Harley customer in the world.
Originally Posted by 10ring
Which dealer, BadBob?

Yeah, which dealer is that, and what is her name? I'll drive down there to get a bike instead of dealing with the nitwits I've seen up here.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
jousley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

California Harley sends u out a $25-$50 gift certificate when it's your birthday - good on everything in the store - never had a problem with them. Stop by if ever in SoCal. But the customer service is the only reason why I only buy my parts/merchandise from them. I'm sorry you got treated such, pretty lame these days.. you'd think everyone would be trying to do the best job they could.
J.

Quick Reply: Dealer Dropped my Bike...the Saga Ends!