General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid 1600 for lifetime service

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:49 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have "pre-paid" maintenance. I think I paid about $1500 for it. But it's not lifetime, it's up to 20,000 miles and covers oil changes, 4 winterizations, 1 set of tires, 1 set of brakes. I wish I could do these things myself but with no garage or tools, I felt it was worth it. Plus if I had to buy a new tire and didn't have the cash I would go nuts not riding my bike. At least now I know they will come get it, fix it, and riding I will go.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:56 PM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Nope, no service plans or extended warranties for me...I always say, Consumer Reports Magazine did research on those things and called them "the greatest ripoff ever perpetrated on the consumer."

You have to realize that if those things paid off for the customer that much, the dealer wouldn't be offering them...

BTW, I've had my bike for 3 years now, bought it from a dealer with one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the state, and I absolutely trust them...but my bike has never been in the shop for any reason...I do my own fluid changes and maintenance, and I'm real sure that everything I've done hasn't costed anywhere near $1600...
Sounds like you missed the first time ever Consumer Reports actually suggested you buy extended warrenty --- on LCD Flat screen TV's. This take 2 years to "burn in" and for problems to show -- and there is nothing to fix if it goes bad. Since the Maunufactures only offer 1 year warrenties, consummer reports actually recommended extended warrenty.

Think about it. Your LCD TV goes bad. What exactly is there to replace or fix? Say a dog or child hits the screen and puts a real nice blob in it. Not like theres a tube ot something to replace. The Warrenty replaced TV...not repairs.