General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Directions from Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 03:26 PM
RCB
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by njdiver
Be careful using the official HD hose, I've been told "You'll shoot your eye out" if you don't use it right.
Per instructions eye protection and fingerless gloves are required. They can be purchased through your local H-D dealer or through the official H-D website.

Old 08-25-2009 | 03:58 PM
wiredwilly
Tourer

I went to the Harley website looking for one of those certified HD buckets but I couldnt find the bucket. I did find the air for our tires though.

Attached Thumbnails Directions from Harley....-harley-certifiedair.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009 | 06:28 PM
JDB
Cruiser
Default Harley Tank Badges

I had a set of Harley Tank Badges in the shed so I mounted them on the side of my murry lawn tractor. It voided the warranty on my tractor! I should have read the Harley instructions.

Heres the funny part, when my wife saw the tank badges on the tractor she said O' my God, and walked back in the house.

Old 08-25-2009 | 07:05 PM
MaroSteve
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Unome
Hey, they probably do this because of the stupidity of people these days. And the possible stupidit of people serving on juries.

Kind of like "Caution! Product May Be Hot" on a McDonald's cup of coffee. Well, isn't coffee supposed to be hot? But, no, we had some old lady spill some on herself a few years back, get burned, sued and got a boatload of money from McDonald's.

Another example:

My wife used to work in Royal Oak(charcoal) corporate offices. Royal Oak also markets starter fluid under the Gulf name(Believe that's name. Haven't bought any in years).

Well, Royal Oak was sued by a man who:

1. Started his grill up and had it going.

2. Wasn't happy with the fire and wanted it hotter(see where this is heading?)

3. Grabbed his starter fluid and squirted it on the flames. Now it specifically states on the package - DO NOT DO THIS!!

4. Got sever burns on his arms and face.

5. Went to court, admitted he read the instructions, understood the instructions and squirted the fluid on anyway.

6. Jury awarded him a bunch of money for pain & suffering. In other words, paid this man for being a complete and utter moron.
yea... ummm theres no jury when your suing somebody..

Old 08-25-2009 | 07:40 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Will H-D wash products work on non Harley dirt?. Just curious.

Old 08-25-2009 | 07:58 PM
Scooter68
Road Master

Oh well I never had a warrenty so it looks like I can just use my little mermaid bucket and sponge bob wash sponge to get the job done.

Old 08-25-2009 | 10:04 PM
RCB
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IronAss

HELL yea. Use the products per instructions and you can take a turd and turn it into a diamond. The chit is awsome.

Old 08-25-2009 | 10:18 PM
FuriousGeorge
Novice

I'm new to HDs, and I've been looking into buying one, but I never understood the whole "Harley" thing. Key chains, wallets, cleaning products, apparel, etc.. It all seems way over the top. When I think "Harley Davidson" the first thing that comes to mind is freedom, the open road, and rebelling against conformity. All these products make it seem like the opposite. I dunno....Just my humble opinion...awaiting the onslaught.....

Old 08-25-2009 | 10:28 PM
Ogre3239
Tourer

Originally Posted by IronAss
only if the dirt was an approved after market application, non approved will void warranty.

Old 08-25-2009 | 10:31 PM
Ogre3239
Tourer

Originally Posted by FuriousGeorge
I'm new to HDs, and I've been looking into buying one, but I never understood the whole "Harley" thing. Key chains, wallets, cleaning products, apparel, etc.. It all seems way over the top. When I think "Harley Davidson" the first thing that comes to mind is freedom, the open road, and rebelling against conformity. All these products make it seem like the opposite. I dunno....Just my humble opinion...awaiting the onslaught.....
Some people take it a little far, cant blame HD, just trying to make a buck. It just being proud of what you own. I have seen the same with Ford, Chevy, Dodge ect....

Quick Reply: Directions from Harley....