General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Directions from Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 01:04 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

Here's the instructions that came with the bucket:
Place your HD bucket on a level surface with ample room to be able to manipulate the cleaning apparatus within the surrounding area as is necessary. Place a hose or other H2O delivery system within the HD bucket insuring that the fluid can mix with the cleaning solution in an area which will allow ample space for effervescent bubbling to occur without overflow of the liquid onto the surface the bucket is applied upon whereas the applicator (see figure A) may slip accidently causing injury to themselves or surrounding surface. When enough bubbling of the cleaning surface has occured and the H20 within the HD bucket is high enough to allow a crevaced sponglike apparatus to absorb the fluid your Hd plastic bucket is now ready for use. Only lift your HD bucket with the silver, aluminum, handle (see figure B) to manipulate the cleaning solution in the bucket to different areas around your motorcycle as indicated. Lifting of the bucket by other means than indicated within the diagram may result in serious injurey or death. Consult your owner's manual for further applications - void where prohibited by law. HD neither implys or includes any warranty not written within the plastic crease fine print (see figure C) other than explicitely written within the HD bylaws. HD recommends the bike be washed by a licensed dealership using HD holy water to prevent rusting.

Last edited by barjbar; 08-25-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-25-2009 | 01:20 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey, they probably do this because of the stupidity of people these days. And the possible stupidit of people serving on juries.

Kind of like "Caution! Product May Be Hot" on a McDonald's cup of coffee. Well, isn't coffee supposed to be hot? But, no, we had some old lady spill some on herself a few years back, get burned, sued and got a boatload of money from McDonald's.

Another example:

My wife used to work in Royal Oak(charcoal) corporate offices. Royal Oak also markets starter fluid under the Gulf name(Believe that's name. Haven't bought any in years).

Well, Royal Oak was sued by a man who:

1. Started his grill up and had it going.

2. Wasn't happy with the fire and wanted it hotter(see where this is heading?)

3. Grabbed his starter fluid and squirted it on the flames. Now it specifically states on the package - DO NOT DO THIS!!

4. Got sever burns on his arms and face.

5. Went to court, admitted he read the instructions, understood the instructions and squirted the fluid on anyway.

6. Jury awarded him a bunch of money for pain & suffering. In other words, paid this man for being a complete and utter moron.

Old 08-25-2009 | 01:33 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

I'm waiting for one of the sales people to slip me one of the Dark Custom Cleaning Books on the down low. I'm sure it's packed full of black H-D buckets and black wash mits but I think that I am outside the age bracket for the Dark Custom Cleaning supplies.

Old 08-25-2009 | 01:37 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by will2002
I don't have a H-D cleaning bucket.
Me neither. I just have a big yellow mop bucket that says Piso Mojado on the side, whatever that means.

Old 08-25-2009 | 01:47 PM
Ironbarr
Tourer

Originally Posted by Geoff
Most likely, the MoCo's lawyers instructed them to package instructions with a seat screw.
Now that brings back memories... er - umm... [sigh] Oh well.

(Don't remember any instructions though.)

Old 08-25-2009 | 02:11 PM
chad_clearwater
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ftanner
Me neither. I just have a big yellow mop bucket that says Piso Mojado on the side, whatever that means.
"Wet Floor".

Old 08-25-2009 | 02:16 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor

What if you don't use HD purified water during the wash process?

Old 08-25-2009 | 02:54 PM
Badasstrike
Tourer

And people laugh when condoms come with instructions.

Old 08-25-2009 | 03:00 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you use regular or synthetic HD water?

Old 08-25-2009 | 03:01 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Be careful using the official HD hose, I've been told "You'll shoot your eye out" if you don't use it right.

Quick Reply: Directions from Harley....